Not seeing all my brewed recipes

raiderrob

Trial Member
Reaction score
I like the new features you added but they don't seem to be working correctly. when I look at "My recipes" I see the "My brewers" and "Total brewed" at the top but not all of the recipe's I have brewed are listed. is there some thing I need to do to get them on the list? I would think that your program could just pull that info from "My brewe session's"?

Thanks for checking out the new features. Yea, the recipe list is intended to only show recipes that you created (and the numbers of brews for those only). If you'd like to see your list of all brew sessions (including recipes that belong to other brewers), you can use the My Brew Sessions page:
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/mybrewing/

Or, if you'd like to have all the recipes you brew show up in your account, you can choose to make snapshots of the recipe when you click brew. Then it'll make a copy that belongs to you, which will show up in your My Recipes page.

Yea, that's what I am saying. there are "My recipes" that I brewed AND created "Snap shot's" for that don't show up on this new feature.

For example, my recipes The Schwarzbier Radius and Radius Squared. I have brewed both these recipes AND created snap shots for them yet they don't show as being brewed when I look at the folder they are in.

What the heck is a "snapshot" anyway? it look's like the only recipe that show's up is the one I DON"T have a snapshot for.

Well I just brewed the Challenger recipe on Thursday and used the brew day/brew log and it does NOT show up either in "My recipe's" or on my Dash board as having been brewed. is there something I am not doing or doing wrong that is making this feature not work correctly?

did you create a recipe by its self and save it before you brewed

Yea, I created the recipe and saved it. on the day I brewed I clicked the big green "BREW" banner and created a brew log.

first are you on the website? this site on a pc not a portable device?
ok I misunderstood the question in the Brew Sessions list you have to complete the brew on the day listed, go to my brews and click on edit, change the brew date to a day before today then click update brew session, then it should show up on your dashboard at least. Then on the recipe page make sure nothing is in the search box, click snapshots check box and update, does it show in that list

Ok well I got the second part so thanks for that. I still can't figure out the first part though. I have tried what I think you where saying and it did not work. I also don't understand how changing the brew date on the brew session would help? it just throws off all my dates/times for that brew session and still does not show up on the dash board as being brewed.

it will not show up as brewed unless the date has passed, if the date is ahead it shows up as planning, either way it should show up if you click brew and went though the steps

Yep. I went through all the brew step's. for example.....I brewed the Challenge recipe on 3/17/16, I clicked the "Brew!" button and went through all the step's(clicked them) as well as advance it from "planning" to "Primary fermentation".. any way it seems like the guy's at Brewers Friend have some work to do with this feature. thanks for your help.

must be a cache thing, always worked for me and Ive brewed hundreds of beers here

Rob, I was doing some more brainstorming on this and it occurred to me that you may just have snapshots filtered out on your "My Recipes" view. At the top of the listing, can you make sure the Snapshots checkbox is checked and then click update to see if that helps?

Ok I did that and when I do it while in "My Recipes" in the "default folder" all the beer's I have brewed will show as being brewed but if I go to another folder like (American Ale) none of the one's I have brewed show as having been brewed. also most of them show up on "My Dashboard" as being brewed.

Back