Random Photos.

20220924_181325.jpg

Polka tober!

This spectacular photo was taken by a fellow who's is the lighthouse keeper at a state park on Lake Superior (Split Rock) in MN. He says:

148th Fighter Wing vs Aurora

Last night there was a surprise aurora show over Minnesota. I quickly ran to a spot I have wanted to photograph for awhile and it was such an interesting show.

The most interesting part came when the sky lit up like day light for a few seconds. I look up in the sky and I see what I think are flares being dropped from the 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth MN. The do night mission often but this was the first time I saw and captured them dropping flares.

aurora148thFlareHayesScriven.jpg

This spectacular photo was taken by a fellow who's is the lighthouse keeper at a state park on Lake Superior (Split Rock) in MN. He says:

148th Fighter Wing vs Aurora

Last night there was a surprise aurora show over Minnesota. I quickly ran to a spot I have wanted to photograph for awhile and it was such an interesting show.

The most interesting part came when the sky lit up like day light for a few seconds. I look up in the sky and I see what I think are flares being dropped from the 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth MN. The do night mission often but this was the first time I saw and captured them dropping flares.

View attachment 22465
Wow thankyou so much beautiful breathtaking!

Speaking of sunsets...one of the other benefits of having a hurricane bypass your region...we've had a few days of cloud free, deep blue skys but as the outer rings of Ian moved up the coast, I was treated to this the other evening while driving home...
20220929_191244.jpg

Given what the folks in Florida are dealing with, seeing a sight like this made me feel all the more fortunate!

153746B9-A74E-46D7-947F-2A31012DBE53.jpeg
My wife is having trouble with the proper pronunciation of the major river and it’s namesake valley near our Eugene home. Apparently pronunciation is a tell as to whether or not you’re a local. Saw this on a car at the beer garden yesterday, and promptly showed this picture to my wife right after her latest mispronunciation.
Will Am It, dammit!

Will Am It, dammit!

I don't think that's mis-pronounced....that's how I've heard it from Denny Conn who lives up that way!

There's a branch of the Susquehanna called Juniata that I kept calling Juanita which I knew was wrong so I pull into a 7-11 and asked the clerk who immediately laughed at me...but now I know! Oh...it's "June-E-anna".....the local's drag the t!

I don't think that's mis-pronounced....that's how I've heard it from Denny Conn who lives up that way!

There's a branch of the Susquehanna called Juniata that I kept calling Juanita which I knew was wrong so I pull into a 7-11 and asked the clerk who immediately laughed at me...but now I know! Oh...it's "June-E-anna".....the local's drag the t!
My wife gets the “Will” part right, but then it all falls apart with “ahhm - ette” which is the tell. It’s funny because I have been telling her “Dammit, it’s Will Am It” ever since we moved here. Before I ever saw a bumper sticker, I have been trying to teach the old dog a new trick.

My wife gets the “Will” part right, but then it all falls apart with “ahhm - ette” which is the tell. It’s funny because I have been telling her “Dammit, it’s Will Am It” ever since we moved here. Before I ever saw a bumper sticker, I have been trying to teach the old dog a new trick.
I've heard several brewing podcasts get it wrong when referencing the hop :D makes me cringe every time! I grew up on that river

Back