What are you drinking right now?

48EF805D-0382-4943-9F02-96590CD5B88E.jpeg
Despite a more amber color than Hofbrau, it tastes drier. I still have Augustiner to try. No Lowenbrau at liquor barn.

View attachment 22443 Despite a more amber color than Hofbrau, it tastes drier. I still have Augustiner to try. No Lowenbrau at liquor barn.
Did a side by side of Oktoberfest Marzens recently and my favor was Paulaner. The others were Ayinger and I forget the 3rd lol :)

I have had Paulaner on draft before and loved it. Been a few years. I actually forgot to list that one. I have it in the fridge as well. Spaten I had at the local Oktoberfest and it was divine, BUT I thought Paulaner was as well a few years back. Maybe I just like beer :)

I have had Paulaner on draft before and loved it. Been a few years. I actually forgot to list that one. I have it in the fridge as well. Spaten I had at the local Oktoberfest and it was divine, BUT I thought Paulaner was as well a few years back. Maybe I just like beer :)
Oooh yea I had Spaten at a local Oktoberfest and thought it was good. Not as good as Paualaner. Does weihenstephaner do a marzen? That mightve been the 3rd. It was at the homebrew club meeting I went to :) 3 Marzens and 3 Festbiers side by side. I should've taken notes lol

The same recipes tasted the same, I scale down 1 to 1 but in smaller batches smaller changes really change the flavor easier, better for experiments I guess
Thanks was just wondering is all.
I've recently adapted to full volume mash to save time on brew day.
Yup I'm perceiving I think more malt forward beers than usual or that's what I'm thinking I can't tell without doing a side by side but they just seem more malty:rolleyes:

Thanks was just wondering is all.
I've recently adapted to full volume mash to save time on brew day.
Yup I'm perceiving I think more malt forward beers than usual or that's what I'm thinking I can't tell without doing a side by side but they just seem more malty:rolleyes:

Yes I had crazy good efficiency with my big system, now I struggle to reach 80% and I still do a circulation sparge so the efficiency did change but I'm into lower alcohol beers now so problem

LA Summer Blonde. Had to pour pretty hard to get that head, and it still didn't last.
View attachment 22389
Not sure what's going on lately but having a tough time getting my latest beers to present a decent head. Still taste good, but not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Suggestions?

@RoadRoach, on the Zoom call I mentioned I'd recently read an article on head retention issues but, I couldn't remember which magazine or what issue. I finally found the issue I was looking for. It is the July/August issue of Zymurgy. It goes into quite a bit of detail and has a lot of good suggestions.

Back