What are you drinking right now?

Death Wish Pour over for me this morning. Sophie is playing with play-doh. Got low volume mix of music on my headphones. Pretty good Labor Day so far. Raining outside so no cook out. We are going to eat later. Probably the Brewery

I think y'all missed the post about the labels being plastic and difficult to remove... :rolleyes:
Nope, didn't miss the point. trust me, if you repeat my process enough times...eventually you'll have enough German Pilsner bottles that you won't need the ones with the plastic labels...

New Realm's Oktoberfest. Malty, toasty, biscuity. Nice.

I wonder why the label says "Hacker-Pschorr"? Maybe their recipe, or their yeast?
09A15115-8241-478F-94BF-E4142E871019.jpeg

269750D8-9A9B-4AD4-A484-2F10AFA659CF.jpeg

Maybe a collaboration? Seems like there were a few of the Munich breweries that did they a few years back.

Dunno. And their website offers no clarification. Hacker-Pschorr is a big brewery, so it's not just random.

Now a different Marzen from Tucker Brewing in Tucker, Ga. They specialize in German beers, and their Hefeweitzen is simply spectacular.

Quite a bit darker than the New Realm beer, a lot maltier but not biscuity. A little toasty, maybe a little burnt (in a good way) with less hops bitterness. Slightly sweet, I suppose from the darker malts. Maybe raisiny?

98A7EB33-7B51-4B00-B7A3-1C4EC6DB9DC1.jpeg

Now a different Marzen from Tucker Brewing in Tucker, Ga. They specialize in German beers, and their Hefeweitzen is simply spectacular.

Quite a bit darker than the New Realm beer, a lot maltier but not biscuity. A little toasty, maybe a little burnt (in a good way) with less hops bitterness. Slightly sweet, I suppose from the darker malts. Maybe raisiny?

View attachment 22180
Kinda sounds like a dark mild

Last edited:

Back