20220815_194810.jpg

Last edited:
Herms Wheat
20220817_164606.jpg

Perfect after a day's work!
Herm top drop mate!

And some murky murgy to go with it yum
20220817_170212.jpg

@Sunfire96 on the talus yeah I get this fruit aroma that's weird and unique maybe my best description is an overripe tropical fruit pointing toward mangoe papaw territory.
It throws you a bit.
I'd love to hear others thoughts on this hop
Def unique btw citra is the pairing hop in lesser quantity.

Completing the tap line up some mild mmmm !
20220817_195534.jpg

Oh that inkbird controller is playing up I think the temp probe is buggered its swaying all over the place.

Last edited:
after I get thru my brews on the brain, I may take him up on if he'll share.
I share ‘em all. I put some Magnum in the last batch at a recommendation from my LHBS and self proclaimed beer judge, and IMO, made it too bitter. Drinkable, but the bitterness took away from the tropical intentions. My favorite was the first batch that I used Mosaic and Citra. Great hoppy flavor, but not bitter

Here’s a new one for me:
image.jpg

Pretty much what Ben would call a shandy. Lemon/lime mixed with pale. Not bad after some sweaty yard work.

Also have some SA Oktoberfest. Maybe I’m a little spoiled with UK reds and Belgian darks. Or maybe I just have it too cold and can’t taste it well enough.

So I didn’t really get to talk about this beer. Oh my. I loved it! Malty but big gulps were so easy. Hop Bitterness was there but no aroma. No aftertaste. Now 3 liter with only 1 bratwurst over 3 hours maybe not next time lol.

Spoiled for choice?
But thirsty as we hit 40 oC today, whereas I was still wearing a beanie in the morning just 3 days ago.
And it is the start of the weekend :D
IMG_20220819_172012.jpg

First up:
Simple cider
IMG_20220819_172207.jpg

Cider was a little "thin" at first impression and lightly carbonated. But very very drinkable..

Next up:
Cascade saison.
Nice carbonation, definitely bitter (I got low bitter taste treshhold).
Little sweetness, but doesn't remind me of a blonde as much as the previous one did (perle/tradition)..
Only got 1 bottle cooled. Next up is previous batch saison (but not fair comparison as it is about a month older).
Cascade saison was brewed on the trub of perle/tradition and currently I got EKG saison on the trub of Cascade saison which was on the trub of perle/tradition trub and after I finish this cascade saison I won't be able to repeat or remember this :)
IMG_20220819_180644.jpg

IMG_20220819_180705.jpg

Back