What are you doing with homebrew today?

WOKE ...Wacked Out Kooky Energumen.
Yeah I'm an old fart too.

Back to the beer side.
I brewed a simple pale ale today. Used a pint or so of the bottoms left over from Herm's Azacca Wheat. Finished at about 1 pm , by 5 pm it was already bubbling away. Fastest start I have had. WLP001 @ 67 F

Wow, less than 24 hours the gravity has dropped in half and the temp is up 5 degrees, the fridge isn't keeping this one cool. Over pitch? A pint of leftover bottoms?

Brewin' up my 'lazy' recipe, Rapier Wit. Boil on in 10 minutes (took that long to heat the pot). Witing for flavor step (orange peel and coriander). Dissolved the DME in 2.5 gallons of water, Will dilute with clean ice to chill it down to pitch temp. Repitching 4th generation S-33 in this batch. Still smells nice and bready after decanting the nice smelling beer on top. I think I'm gonna toss the yeast cake after this batch because I still have the cake from the last batch of Rapier Wit as well.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Makin another batch to bolster up the pipeline.

Yes, us "woke" folks are terrible. What with wishing no one is offended or excluded... Just remember Roach, on the internet we outnumber you :D
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I had PC's before Al invented the internet. Never said anyone was terrible, just more easily offended, and because of that tend to think it's higher intelligence. Not so sure about that.. Us old geezer tend to laugh at ourselves more than anyone else, but that somehow offends, too/ Go figger. A lotta folks here would have a horrible time in Australia, where sarcasm is a way of life. If they ain't stirrin' ya it's because they don't like ya.

I'd do well in Australia then. I almost bought this shirt.

upload_2022-8-16_17-51-1.png

Going back and forth on recipes. Also thinking about trying to get in the habit of bottling the "good ones" to try and fill up the beer cellar a bit. It'd be real easy to fill 2 or 3 bottles off the keg and store. But they'd be going from drinking temp to ambient temp for storage and I'm not sure how bad that'd be

Going back and forth on recipes. Also thinking about trying to get in the habit of bottling the "good ones" to try and fill up the beer cellar a bit. It'd be real easy to fill 2 or 3 bottles off the keg and store. But they'd be going from drinking temp to ambient temp for storage and I'm not sure how bad that'd be
Bottle them from the fermenter with a carb sugar.

I always consider doing this and always talk myself out of it. I would agree with @Over The Cliff Brewing, except for the fact that there is no way of knowing whether the beer is "bottle worthy" until after its all cold and carbonated. We homebrewers have such hard decisions to make! :)

I always consider doing this and always talk myself out of it. I would agree with @Over The Cliff Brewing, except for the fact that there is no way of knowing whether the beer is "bottle worthy" until after its all cold and carbonated. We homebrewers have such hard decisions to make! :)
I probably wouldn't do it with any of the hoppy beers, but the lagers and ambers and dark beers might take to storage better. I should bottle my stout and test it out!

Another big decission is to figure out which of my test bottles to try first...
Simple cider with the yellow top or cascade saison with the blue top.
Or my "aged" saison (spalt/tradition) with the red top, or a lager (mosi bomber) with a green top :D:D:D

Note: aged means more than 2-3 weeks old:confused:

Another big decission is to figure out which of my test bottles to try first...
Simple cider with the yellow top or cascade saison with the blue top.
Or my "aged" saison (spalt/tradition) with the red top, or a lager (mosi bomber) with a green top :D:D:D

Note: aged means more than 2-3 weeks old:confused:
I'm curious how the cascade saison turned out! :D

Back