Want to natural carb in keg

Suga

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need/want to keg my latest brew but, Don't have room for my keg fridge in current home,(moved in with fiance)
So wanting to natural carb at room temp... But not sure about best way to do it? Or can i just put it on co2 at room temp and leave it for week or so? Room temp around here is 72f.
Really still new to kegging as i have bottled for years and this will be only my 3rd time kegging all other times i just put in fridge at 10psi and left it usually about a week or so.

you could maybe use a priming calculator and just add some sugar to the keg and seal it up...might want to set the lid if you have CO2 handy.

I have "bottle conditioned" many kegs

T

you could maybe use a priming calculator and just add some sugar to the keg and seal it up...might want to set the lid if you have CO2 handy.

I have "bottle conditioned" many kegs

T
So is it as accurate doing whole 5 gallons at once? I don't want to over carb ( serving at my wedding so need it to be on point)

It will carb up fine at room temp and 10psi, we don't temp control kegs when carbing and it doesn't hurt them. Ideally it's a controlled process but real world it's no big deal so long as the beer isn't par-boiled :)

So is it as accurate doing whole 5 gallons at once? I don't want to over carb ( serving at my wedding so need it to be on point)

Other factors will play a part at serving time, temperature and pipe length/bore, serving pressure etc. Lots more controllables at serving time.

Warmer it is, the longer it will take, but if you are not in hurry, it will carb up fine

re
Other factors will play a part at serving time, temperature and pipe length/bore, serving pressure etc. Lots more controllables at serving time.
Oh yeah, get that just concerned with the carbing at this point, have the serving part worked out for the most part.
Warmer it is, the longer it will take, but if you are not in hurry, it will carb up fine
I have just over a month left

re
Oh yeah, get that just concerned with the carbing at this point, have the serving part worked out for the most part.

I have just over a month left
Should be fine. There is nothing wrong with carbing it at 30psi for a few days either. Just make sure you turn it down so it doesn't get over carbed. (Will be harder to do at room temp)

Most of the time when I do this I under carb on purpose, that way when I hook to gas, it is not over done, and I give it a day or so to get finished. YMMV

Back