Toberfest ale

Thanks! Yes, I don't have the cooling ability to do a lager, but have made a couple October fests with Safale 05 that has turned out amazing! Wish I could find the recipes to make it again! Still searching I am!! Also, lots of grain in storage so trying to make it out of what I have, long ways to a home brew supply.
What do you have? Maybe we could put something together

Thanks! Yes, I don't have the cooling ability to do a lager, but have made a couple October fests with Safale 05 that has turned out amazing! Wish I could find the recipes to make it again! Still searching I am!! Also, lots of grain in storage so trying to make it out of what I have, long ways to a home brew supply.
Counting my blessings with my 20-minute drive to the homebrew store that has been there for decades. I am actually making the drive on Saturday with hopefully a brew day a week from Sunday. It has been approved by she who must be obeyed:)

Counting my blessings with my 20-minute drive to the homebrew store that has been there for decades. I am actually making the drive on Saturday with hopefully a brew day a week from Sunday. It has been approved by she who must be obeyed:)

What a coincidence, I have a She whom must be obeyed also!! As we are remodeling our home, She insisted on a dedicated brew room in the basement and who am I to disagree with She!!

What a coincidence, I have a She whom must be obeyed also!! As we are remodeling our home, She insisted on a dedicated brew room in the basement and who am I to disagree with She!!
Nice! We don't have basements here, but I get a small area in the garage for storage. Brewing is done in the back yard under a canopy. This time of year, not too long after sunrise so I can avoid the crazy afternoon thunderstorms.
If you are a long way from a brew store, I have seen grain on Amazon. Prime would get you free shipping. I don't have any experience ordering it because it is a lot more expensive than the brew store. If I were to not pick-up from the brew store and have it shipped, it would be stupid expensive. I have really enjoyed playing around with some of the White Labs yeasts, and shipping those would stress me out.
Speaking of White Labs, we made a beer pilgrimage to Asheville this year, and having the same recipe with two different yeasts side by side on a flight or a four pack was really awesome. I love them more now, especially since White Labs makes a good product.
Maybe she who must be obeyed can get you a refrigerator in that basement:)

Nice! We don't have basements here, but I get a small area in the garage for storage. Brewing is done in the back yard under a canopy. This time of year, not too long after sunrise so I can avoid the crazy afternoon thunderstorms.
If you are a long way from a brew store, I have seen grain on Amazon. Prime would get you free shipping. I don't have any experience ordering it because it is a lot more expensive than the brew store. If I were to not pick-up from the brew store and have it shipped, it would be stupid expensive. I have really enjoyed playing around with some of the White Labs yeasts, and shipping those would stress me out.
Speaking of White Labs, we made a beer pilgrimage to Asheville this year, and having the same recipe with two different yeasts side by side on a flight or a four pack was really awesome. I love them more now, especially since White Labs makes a good product.
Maybe she who must be obeyed can get you a refrigerator in that basement:)

I have a 4 tap system but she who must be obeyed turned it back into a freezer!! Not always easy obeying, just saying!! Most of the kegs are full and 15 gals in a secondary awaiting empty kegs! Taking a few weeks heading into the Montana and Colorado mountains, should pass a brew store Or two in the travels!

I could of kicked myself in the rear for not picking up some grain when I was in North Carolina. They use some of the Mills River stuff at one of the breweries here for something hoppy, and that beer is damn good. Storage, going from place to place, it just didn't work out.

Back