Bots and Spam have been way worse lately

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody else noticed? Like a definite uptick in the last month or so. Some of them are pretty sophisticated and liking each other's posts

Google's self aware A I certainly. I'm getting more phishing attempts in my cell traffic...stuff that looks like some fat fingered a text including one that looked like a katscan or a sonogram ...who knows what kind of executable code was hidden in there?

But yeah, to answer you question seriously, the scamming and poking around for exploitable vectors is up. Do a look up in any of the domestic IT news sites.

I've noticed the same :(

Lol...or did you mean the dozen "Whatsapp" posts that just came in to this forum while I was writing this? Actually there's a Google Voice scam that's out there that uses the confirmation code to replicate identities....Does Whatsapp use confirmation codes....?

Google's self aware A I certainly. I'm getting more phishing attempts in my cell traffic...stuff that looks like some fat fingered a text including one that looked like a katscan or a sonogram ...who knows what kind of executable code was hidden in there?

But yeah, to answer you question seriously, the scamming and poking around for exploitable vectors is up. Do a look up in any of the domestic IT news sites.
I mean, I was speaking specifically about spam in this forum. I would believe a global trend as well, but I assume that number is always trending up

This is the only SPAM I've seen...:)

upload_2022-7-9_15-40-4.png

Just thinking....
Wouldn't it be an idea to have new members post an introduction before they are allowed to post in other sections of the forum?
Seen it on another forum, just can't remember which one.
Wouldn't that reduce spam?

Just thinking....
Wouldn't it be an idea to have new members post an introduction before they are allowed to post in other sections of the forum?
Seen it on another forum, just can't remember which one.
Wouldn't that reduce spam?
One forum i was a part of, you had to reply to 5 posts before you could start your own thread. Kept the bots from making threads

One forum i was a part of, you had to reply to 5 posts before you could start your own thread. Kept the bots from making threads
I like this, but it needs a several-hour timer. Otherwise just 5 stupid responses and you are golden.

Most spam is humans. Actual bots posting spam are rare.

I know of a forum where you are not allowed to post a URL until some number of posts.

Not sure of the effort required to implement any of this. In the old vBulletin fora (not BF) these were easy settings.

Usually a first time post with a link to a product or writing you essays is a given

Last night on the other hand I sware a new poster was a spammer pouting a refractometer and seems they wernt or were they lol!

Back