Festival Setup

Does the link work? Brill. I'll post some pictures later.

There are 24 cask beers from a variety of brewers and 4 keg beers plus a bunch of ciders. I just did the cask and keg setup, a right old task. Done now though and it looks really well, everyone is very pleased so far :)

Link works fine.

Looks fantastic. Weel done, sir!

Sorry for posting a link but I wanted to share this and the file is massive. May need deleting, don't post much from my phone and may have made a horlicks of it
Wish I were there!

Holly Crap when you were scrolling down the line I thought oh yeah Steve's running the last few casks nope that's a mammoth effort man looks fantastic!

Holly Crap when you were scrolling down the line I thought oh yeah Steve's running the last few casks nope that's a mammoth effort man looks fantastic!

Thanks man. I've never done anything on that scale so it's pretty cool to see it looking good and functioning. It's a massive task because the temps all need controlling and its outdoors. There's two 14 line pythons there, one running the top rack and one running the bottom, and the cooling water loops through each cask in turn so all the shives need drilling twice to allow the pipe in and out. The python itself needs dismantling and re-assembling and on and on and on :)

Bits of it put up quite a fight and I was going a bit stir crazy in the end. I was there at 7am to get all the beers flowing and found myself talking to the damn thing; christened it Christine once I had it all persuaded to work :)

Holy crap, that's a lot of taps! Nice.

Looking very impressive!

Thanks man. I've never done anything on that scale so it's pretty cool to see it looking good and functioning. It's a massive task because the temps all need controlling and its outdoors. There's two 14 line pythons there, one running the top rack and one running the bottom, and the cooling water loops through each cask in turn so all the shives need drilling twice to allow the pipe in and out. The python itself needs dismantling and re-assembling and on and on and on :)

Bits of it put up quite a fight and I was going a bit stir crazy in the end. I was there at 7am to get all the beers flowing and found myself talking to the damn thing; christened it Christine once I had it all persuaded to work :)
Once you embraced her as Christine, I'll bet she worked just fine!
Very impressive Steve, that's a lot to be proud of!

Once you embraced her as Christine, I'll bet she worked just fine!
Very impressive Steve, that's a lot to be proud of!

She's purring like a contented cougar this morning

16572777509587324119644396535043.jpg

20220708_120243.jpg

...and this is how we split the python and run the beer to the taps. The thick black pipe underneath carries the cooling water

She's pouring like a champ too...

Back