Random thought for the day

It might be a mistake to have your home “staged for sale” while you are still living in the home. At the advice of our realtor, we had a staging company set up our home yesterday, and a photographer is taking pictures now. They put some really dorky sh!t in our home, and we have to protect their stuff (furniture, rugs, pillows, accessories) from our naturally curious cats. So, just like yesterday, as soon as the photographer is gone, we’ll spend an hour moving their furniture out to our already crowded garage, rolling up their rugs, and stuffing their ridiculous pillows and throw blankets in our already packed closets. Then we’ll move our cat towers and other comforts back in from the garage. Oh the joy of trying to sell a home.

Oh the joy of trying to sell a home.
Living 'neatly' is definitely the worst part about having a home for sale. Whaddaya mean I have to hide my towel?

When we sold 7 years ago we got one of them Pods and gave 1/4 of our crap a vacation. Sold it in 2 days for well over asking. The Pod was literally 100% filled.

It might be a mistake to have your home “staged for sale” while you are still living in the home. At the advice of our realtor, we had a staging company set up our home yesterday, and a photographer is taking pictures now. They put some really dorky sh!t in our home, and we have to protect their stuff (furniture, rugs, pillows, accessories) from our naturally curious cats. So, just like yesterday, as soon as the photographer is gone, we’ll spend an hour moving their furniture out to our already crowded garage, rolling up their rugs, and stuffing their ridiculous pillows and throw blankets in our already packed closets. Then we’ll move our cat towers and other comforts back in from the garage. Oh the joy of trying to sell a home.
Man I hope that sale is quick!
The market is going bonkers over here.
Fingers crossed for you Herm

Good luck Herm! Hopefully you'll have a bidding war on your hands soon enough!

OK, real estate is nuts!
Our home is listed.
In just over 24 years, the cost per square foot (assuming we get asking price) is $447 greater than when we purchased in March 1998. Today, we could not purchase this property. How can a young couple afford this so called starter home?
Owning and selling and buying property is a strange dance. This place must sell in order for us to move north to Oregon. So now we get to do a dance of offering to buy a home on a contingent basis. Should be challenging, maybe fun, and hopefully rewarding.
Yes, I drank a few beers tonight!

Been there, the problem today is the selling price is huge but so is the next house so the interest rate is key, if you can buy those points down

We paid off our mortgage on this home in January 2015, and plan to buy our new home outright, so no mortgage required. With the proceeds, we should be able to buy a decent home and have plenty left over for expenses, improvements, and investments. Our position is strong once this home sells.

OK, real estate is nuts!
Our home is listed.
In just over 24 years, the cost per square foot (assuming we get asking price) is $447 greater than when we purchased in March 1998. Today, we could not purchase this property. How can a young couple afford this so called starter home?
Owning and selling and buying property is a strange dance. This place must sell in order for us to move north to Oregon. So now we get to do a dance of offering to buy a home on a contingent basis. Should be challenging, maybe fun, and hopefully rewarding.
Yes, I drank a few beers tonight!
One strategy is to rent for 12 months, allowing you the luxury of time to find your new home. It costs a bit, but the math can work out in many cases.

$447 MORE than when you bought. :eek:

Fellow hombrewer house I'm working at now that's some hooch production
20220704_083354.jpg

Cool talking to a distiller about their process no to different to ours really just some different things done post fermentation :p!

Also he recons turbo yeast is horrible stuff uses bread yeast wow!
Rekons last batch landed 16% abv FG was .996 well I never knew cool

Edit 150lt them drums are and that little fella 60lt

Last edited:
And what size shoes :p

I'm just wondering if I should marinate my chicken SE Asian style or mustard, garlic, rosemary?
Grilling or on the spit...:D

And what size shoes :p

I'm just wondering if I should marinate my chicken SE Asian style or mustard, garlic, rosemary?
Grilling or on the spit...:D
I think he's got a tiny market on his hands you know supply n demand and all that;);).

I'd def throw some Chilli action on but I'm not great on that front sometimes I use Clive of India curry power and rub that in or kafir lime sliced and rubbed on the skin or up the doit.

My jack russels rule my home :)
But I don't have to pick up their poo!

OK, real estate is nuts!
Our home is listed.
. Today, we could not purchase this property. How can a young couple afford this so called starter home?

I don't know about a young couple, but my wife and I had to go more than 2,000 miles eastward to be able to find a house that we could afford.

image.jpg
Here’s to my beautiful girl Polly, who is spending her last night alive on this earth. Due to health complications likely resulting from lymphoma, today I made the brutally hard decision to have her euthanized. Tomorrow a vet will come to our home to put Polly to rest. We only got to enjoy a little over 12 years of her wonderful character, and I will miss her terribly. Very sad!

View attachment 21394 Here’s to my beautiful girl Polly, who is spending her last night alive on this earth. Due to health complications likely resulting from lymphoma, today I made the brutally hard decision to have her euthanized. Tomorrow a vet will come to our home to put Polly to rest. We only got to enjoy a little over 12 years of her wonderful character, and I will miss her terribly. Very sad!
I'm so sorry Herm. I hope you and Polly have a wonderful night

View attachment 21394 Here’s to my beautiful girl Polly, who is spending her last night alive on this earth. Due to health complications likely resulting from lymphoma, today I made the brutally hard decision to have her euthanized. Tomorrow a vet will come to our home to put Polly to rest. We only got to enjoy a little over 12 years of her wonderful character, and I will miss her terribly. Very sad!
Sorry Herm.

And I’m a real softy for cats. Polly saved us from the deafening silence after we put down our previous 2 cats in summer 2009 and spring 2010. Harvey was a wedding present from my wife back in 1994, and he went first. He was an awesome cat. Kelso was added in 1995, and she was a gem in her own way. Both of them were rescues.
Polly joined us just a few days after we put down Kelso. Kelso and Harvey lived long lives, about 16 years each, but had lots of medical issues in the end. Our goal was to avoid medical problems with Polly. We did everything better with her (and her housemate Peet, who we added in late spring 2010) learning from mistakes we made with their predecessors. And like their predecessors, both Polly and Peet are rescues. Now we have to say goodbye to the one who brought back the music of pattering feet, and a sweet meow. Peet will miss her playful nature, too.
The rainbow bridge awaits, Polly my girl. Travel well.

My thanks to those who express condolences, I appreciate the sentiments.

Back