Who do you cheer for?

The Celtics had a great season. They are young and gained experience. Lost composure when Draymond Green and the refs were causing consternation, and took their eyes off the prize.
Hopefully they will get back to the finals sometime soon. Hopefully this won’t get into Jason Tatum’s head in a negative way.

THey had a great run and I enjoyed it. I thought they were spent in game 4. Looked tired and sloppy each game after. Surprised Udoka didn’t rotate more. Good D from GS really took them out of their game. Curry just walked all over them. Wait till next year

Seahawks did much better than I was expecting tonight. Go Hawks!

I'll cheer for Ajax Amsterdam when they play Liverpool tonite

Last Sunday, a rare win for the rebuilding? Steelers. Was a great weekend
20221113_125216.jpg
20221113_102915.jpg
with some great friends!

Man, it looks cold there!

World cup football is about to start.
I'll be cheering for the Netherlands (obviously)

No football fans?
Sorry, soccer fans?
Hup Holland Hup....
We are playing tonight

Man, it looks cold there!

World cup football is about to start.
I'll be cheering for the Netherlands (obviously)

The Mayor of Washington DC.... home of DC United..passed an Emergency Order that is keeping Breweries open 24 hours a day for The World Cup!

No football fans?
Sorry, soccer fans?
Hup Holland Hup....
We are playing tonight
I have a tough time watching men's soccer...they spend so much time on the ground faking injuries. But I'm pumped for the women's world cup next year!!

Also the US Men's team is abysmal, I usually root for Holland or Germany :) Let's go Oranje!

The Mayor of Washington DC.... home of DC United..passed an Emergency Order that is keeping Breweries open 24 hours a day for The World Cup!

Yet they are not selling beer at the game...they were gonna but backed off due to religious reasons.

They backed off because FIFA got no backbone!
But that's just my opinion

Yet they are not selling beer at the game...they were gonna but backed off due to religious reasons.
Ugh, if your religion says you can't do something, fine, don't do it. But to take it away from everyone else who doesn't hold to your beliefs? (Not directed at you Ward, just venting)

While you won't find me often...like never...siding with Budweiser, this time I will. Qatar didn't decide on the ban until just days before the World Cup began. I don't have a problem with Qatar not allowing alcohol due to religious rules (though I might if I was there). But pulling out of an agreement, after financially benefitting from it, seems like something most religions would have a rule against as well.

. But to take it away from everyone else who doesn't hold to your beliefs? (Not directed at you Ward, just venting)

And there's the rub. Intolerance...as we can see, it's not just in the USA, it's everywhere! While "my house, my rules" might work locally, it does not scale to our "global" society, it's bound to happen that cultures clash....even in regions where this creature beer has it's origins, it's now considered blasphemous. Ah the difference a few thousand years makes! ;)

No offense taken at all @jmcnamara , I completely agree!

And @BarbarianBrewer ....I hope InBev made a good call with giving the Bud the intended to sell there to the winning country....it better be Brazil!

I have a tough time watching men's soccer...they spend so much time on the ground faking injuries.
On no, no, they really are that injured! Turns out that male players get so good because they completely lose all tolerance for pain. Thankfully they also get a near-miraculous ability to recover from their life-threatening injuries almost immediately after the yellow card...

As for AB Inbev, beer sales in Doha are a rounding error in their bottom line, the real value is in the TV rights.

Canada has finally made it back to the world cup. Our only other appearance wis in 1986. Still waiting for our first goal in WC competition. Go Canada!

Canada has finally made it back to the world cup. Our only other appearance wis in 1986. Still waiting for our first goal in WC competition. Go Canada!
There is hope ;)
After all, Saudi beat Argentina and Japan.beat Germany :)

Back