Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

I am NOT a fan of tekillya, but that stuff is pretty damn good
I am not a fan of the cheap down and dirty, lets do shots with salt and lime teKILLya either.
There are many tequila's that are "sip worthy" and that I hold in regard along with fine single malts:D

I am not a fan of the cheap down and dirty, lets do shots with salt and lime teKILLya either.
There are many tequila's that are "sip worthy" and that I hold in regard along with fine single malts:D
I’m with you there, just say no to shots. Sipping tequila is the best way to enjoy the good stuff.

Enjoying a Moscow Mule with Tito's
20220318_151300.jpg

Heading to family member's this weekend in So Florida. I'm told there is a bottle of Don Julio 1942 for me to try. I'm happy with $30-$60 range for anything but looking forward to this one.
I just looked that up, pretty spendy. I will have to try and find it next time we head to visit the Bro and Sister in law in Mex!

View attachment 19942

it was good, a bit sweeter than reg DJ. Too pricey for me though. I’m happy with milagro, espolon, Herradura and similar priced bourbon and rum
I have a bottle of 1942 here at home.....some friends and I made a Blond Margarita beer one day and sampled a few of my tequilas, everyone quite enjoyed the 1942. But agreed a little more than I would normally pay.

I quite enjoy agave based spirits...... tequila, mezcal, sotol, raicilla....difficult for me to choose a favorite. I have to say that I prefer the aged (ANEJO) versions as they tend to be softer and more complex but sometimes I prefer that aggressive agave flavor that makes you appreciate a quality agave spirit. With that said......I think I probably drink too much rum...... my next favorite and then bourbon. But if you are ever in China.....give BaiJiu (Buy Joe) a try....... some of it is decent.
Just had the last of a bottle of knob creek , started some buffalo trace. I think i like BT a little better. Its a little sweeter
I quite enjoy Knob Creek and BT but I'm a little more partial towards Four Roses myself.

Happy to revive this old thread to honor Bob and TW, miss those guys...
I don't drink a lot of whiskey really, but when I do I enjoy the good stuff.
I purchased this bottle at an airport duty free on the way to visit Brother and Sister in law that live in Mexico. This my friends, I must say, is a rare drop
20231103_214127.jpg

Only letting me post one picture at a time...

Back