What's your next brew

https://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-single?id=168&type=YEAST&style_type=5
Here is whitelabs specks on it.
Sorta matches what I've found with it.
They list it as 70-75 % attenuation yup I get around 80.
But a great little sasion yeast I'm on gen 8 this brew got it over a year ago now and it's gone from strength to strength I keep the Max ferm temp at 26c I'll hope to pitch at or around 21c and let it free rise straight off the mark to my set point for 26c
It'll reach this day 2-3 and I'll hold it here till a week in where I know it will be done.
There is talk of it stalling but so far what I do with it works.
Interesting that in the link, they list Attenuation as 78-85 in the header, and 70-75 in the description. o_O

I have a Saison coming up in a month or so and I’m going to try the new Farmhouse strain from Lallemand. I like to make one or two Saisons every year and I’m getting burned out on 3711 and Belle. I will definitely keep 565 in mind for future use. Thanks.

Interesting that in the link, they list Attenuation as 78-85 in the header, and 70-75 in the description. o_O

I have a Saison coming up in a month or so and I’m going to try the new Farmhouse strain from Lallemand. I like to make one or two Saisons every year and I’m getting burned out on 3711 and Belle. I will definitely keep 565 in mind for future use. Thanks.
Well as I said 80% is my average pity I've got no way of testing it this brew. It's a reliable yeast in my books.
Hey good luck with that strain man.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I plan on brewing a simple beer to replace the beer on tap that I'm bottling to age/cellar. It'll be 2 row, one addition of Columbus, no chill into the keg, and fermented with lutra kveik at ambient temps in my kitchen. Should finish pretty quick and make something drinkable while I'm waiting on the dry hopped lager to lager :)

Debating whether I should take another stab at AmerIcan wheat beer, or brew another batch of Belgian pale ale. Mind you, I have yet to finish, let alone taste the wheat beer. On the other hand, the Belgian pale ale, in my opinion, is one of the best beers I have brewed.

Tomorrow I'm brewing a no chill IPA called Salty Seas; it has quite a bit more salt additions than I normally use and the hops all start with "C"...not every beer name can be a winner :D

Gonna be trying out Swaen pale ale malt for the first time, so that's exciting!

I was supposed to be brewing an extra pale tomorrow with Mosaic, Citra, and Azacca, but I was asked to cover an event for the brewery. So if you're in the central VA area tomorrow morning at a golf course, you might see me :)

Next up: Brewing solo, a mild. Brewing with my buddy, a Helles.
Brewing My Mild next as well Josh will probably fall in close with your brew day will be a couple weeks time for me.
I'm still overnight no chill steeping a packet (400g) of chopped up dates.
Will probably add some flaked oats as per Drew's Recommendations seeing as he is Mad about Mild.

@Ward Chillington you've just brewed his Mild right?
What did you think of the beer please?

Yeah, sure did and it's a keeper. I used 2 different yeast slurry and found the wlp 080 had more character, malt forward, toffee, chocolate...and real poundable at about 3.5 ABV.

I think my next brew might be another saison.
First batch is almost gone, 2nd batch was made yesterday (same yeast, but different malt & hop). If all goes well, I'll be pitching on the slurry in a couple of weeks

My buddy has 2 more kegs ready for me, one is a hoppy blonde, the other is a "supper sesh" IPA. I have barely touched the first keg he gave me a couple of weeks ago, so I am set for a very long time now for beer on tap.
Another friend who gave up alcohol a couple of months ago wants to try and brew a sub 1% beer, so we are currently transposing a Brew Dog recipe to give it a try. I have some research to do on brewing extra low ABV, so we will probably take a stab at it in a couple of weeks. I will supervise while he learns to brew...

the other is a "supper sesh" IPA.

Two "P's" so you can have "seconds" ??

Keep us up on the low alcohol experiments @Craigerrr ..I wonder if there's a yeast out there that will process the sugar and produce more C02 than ethel.....if so I'm sure it's not the most popular with the no greenhouse gasses crowd! :eek::rolleyes:

My first brew at the place I'm a now was supposed to be a blonde. But due to many mistakes it turned into a low alcohol pale ale, maybe ipa.
And it was tasty. Like vedett 2.7 %.
I keep meaning to go through the notes and reproduce it

My first brew at the place I'm a now was supposed to be a blonde. But due to many mistakes it turned into a low alcohol pale ale, maybe ipa.
And it was tasty. Like vedett 2.7 %.
I keep meaning to go through the notes and reproduce it

I've done that many times, where you have a great tasting beer but cant reproduce it

We've got a big family vacation coming up and I'm debating taking up a keg of beer. Maybe a SMaSH with light Munich and Triumph. I'm also thinking about adding some lime peel to the fermenter for an amber lager with lime type recipe. Hmmm... we'll have to make a 7 hour drive with the keg and then keep it on ice in a tub when we're drinking it. Could be doable...

We've got a big family vacation coming up and I'm debating taking up a keg of beer. Maybe a SMaSH with light Munich and Triumph. I'm also thinking about adding some lime peel to the fermenter for an amber lager with lime type recipe. Hmmm... we'll have to make a 7 hour drive with the keg and then keep it on ice in a tub when we're drinking it. Could be doable...
Definitely doable. Need CO2 too.

Back