What are you drinking right now?

Last night while fixing a problem with my WIFI
20220513_211505.jpg

View attachment 20679 First stop in Salem, Oregon at Xicha Brewing, where I’m drinking a Hefecito, she’s drinking Classico (amber ale). Waiting on an order of tacos.
Where on the coast are you headed Herm? I'm so sorry you have to spend time in Salem :D safe travels!

We’re spending tonight in a hotel in Newport, then staying 4 nights in Yachats, then our final night in Portland, where we’ll be seeing Lord Huron in concert.

Last edited:
We’re spending tonight in a hotel in Newport, then staying 4 nights in Yachats, then our final night in Portland, where we’ll be seeing Lord Huron in concert.
Nice! Newport and Yachats are awesome. My family spent a week every winter in Yachats. Are you going to Cape Perpetua? Some great tide pools and vista points. It might be too early for whale watching, but you never know! The brewer at my favorite hometown brewery that closed is now the head brewer at Yachats Brewing. He helped me with my oyster stout recipe and they released a smoked oyster stout this past winter. Also Lord Huron is great, I've been listening to him a bunch today. Sounds like a great trip!!

Sounds like fun. I guess either the tacos were amazing or beer not that good. Lol

This cap I believe is why not a good seal anywho won't use this growler no more and teaches me to bottle in 2lt bottles lol.
Cheers hic
So Ben its the cap not the bottle! If you heat the cap in hot water it will seal better. You can get new caps too, that will solve the problem too.

So Ben its the cap not the bottle! If you heat the cap in hot water it will seal better. You can get new caps too, that will solve the problem too.
Ok so it wasn't my priming sugar cool your a wealth of knowledge Don :)!

Next time if I use that growler I'll try heating the cap.
Cheers!

Sounds like fun. I guess either the tacos were amazing or beer not that good. Lol
My hefe was not that good, but my wife’s amber ale was fine. I had a mango pale ale that was good.
But the tacos were really good, and that comes from a guy who has eaten tacos all his life. We shared a barbacoa, a chicken and a pork taco, with dirty rice and black beans. Also had a deep fried avocado with a green salad. All food was excellent.

Back