As a simple beer heathen I confess...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
That's right brothers and sisters, it's ok to confess your brewing sins here...I promise you absolution...

I'll start, brothers and sisters, I confess...I don't much care for most Belgian style beers, pretty sure it's the yeast. I've had a couple made with Chico strain and the last time I stepped into Belgian beer I used LAGER yeast...can you ever forgive me?

I'm opposite...
Love Belgian blondes and tripels.
I have to confess to not liking the dobbel and quadruppel much.
Neither do I like stouts, porters, barley wine, and too hoppy beers.
Yes. Definitely a heathen :rolleyes:

I can confess to being a beer snob. If it's made by the big 3 or comes in an 18 pack, not for me.
Only style I really don't like are lambics, can't get into the skunky sour taste. Brett soured beers or kettle soured are ok.

Ok here it goes. I can pass on sours, most stouts and most commercial lagers. I am also a hop maniac. I tend to go for the off the beaten path hops to experiment with. Lastly, I haven't checked the pH of one of my batches in months:oops:

This will sound kind of crazy......but for some reason Black IPA's make me drunk ..... comparative to other styles of beers.... I don't know why. I like Black IPA's but I have become wary of them.
I love a good Black IPA, or Cascadian Dark Ale as it is more correctly referred to:)

Me A'Culpa! I Misread the units of measure in the Irish Fling Red Ale recipe & added 2 pounds of Acidulated Malt instead of 2 OZ.
Wow! My tongue is still sour. I rebought & rebrewed the recipe to a much more drinkable result.
Not the only one to make that mistake.
Wow! Would have liked to see the PH reading on that one. Lol

Me A'Culpa! I Misread the units of measure in the Irish Fling Red Ale recipe & added 2 pounds of Acidulated Malt instead of 2 OZ.
Wow! My tongue is still sour. I rebought & rebrewed the recipe to a much more drinkable result.

I did the same thing but added baking soda to bring the pH out of the basement. So, I might have saved that batch had I not repeated the same mistake with the roasted barley! :confused:

I confess as much as I love darker/amber beers, I think Munich Helles is the perfection of lager brewing.

I also have never checked PH only use the calculator. I also don’t clean yeast and pitch slurry without making a starter. I don’t add oxygen ever when pitching yeast.

I confess as much as I love darker/amber beers, I think Munich Helles is the perfection of lager brewing.

I also have never checked PH only use the calculator. I also don’t clean yeast and pitch slurry without making a starter. I don’t add oxygen ever when pitching yeast.
Such a rebel!

Holy crap, that's a lot.

Bulin forgive me, it's been 24 hours since my last beer.....I have never liked a sour, even before I had one....I think Belgiums are over rated and clovey, I'll never turn down a Natty Bo and I didn't use a coaster last week and left a ring on the coffee table.... please don't tell Wifey...

Back