Covid

They're still paid for by the Government. No Ill effects here.
Good to hear.
Yeah mine nocked me on my bum for the arvo.
A work mate and me both decided to walk in and get our booster shot around lunch.

It was crazy I felt lethargic straight away and struggled all arvo.
I asked my workmate how he was fairing Right as Rain her reckoned.

Well next day boss called and Said yeah Matts called in sick he's curled up in the fetal position lol so a delayed reaction for him.

This sounds like a big f*ck you to any immunocompromised people. This is bigger than all of us, Brian. Being able to take the vaccine and social distance is a privilege. Your business is dependent on living, breathing humans; maybe you should give a shit, eh? Cheers
Not at all and certainly not trying to ruffle any feathers.
I do give a shit and one of my best friends is immunocompromised and a retired Dr.
He's very careful and has and is still going through a lot. We talk about it often.
My comment and opinion was based on what I'm seeing today, the lesser stains that are going around and the vaccination accessibility and percentages of people that have it.
Again, my opinion is that the people who want the vaccine and are able to get it, have gotten it. The others either can't or choose not to. For those that can't, they'll be extremely careful as they would with the flu and or other virus's.
For those who choose not to, that's up to them and a risk they are willing to take.
If the vaccine actually prevented you from getting and or spreading the virus, then my view would be very different, but unless I'm missing something, that's not what it does. Maybe someday it will, but not yet.
I certainly don't wish harm on anyone and as I stated originally, the compromised need to be more cautious
Sorry if this upsets anyone, but it's how I see it today.
Be safe!
Cheers
Brian

My second booster knocked me down last night and today. Last night I got the chills, and today I feel lethargic and sore. My left arm, where I got the injection, feels like I got punched really hard.

My second booster knocked me down last night and today. Last night I got the chills, and today I feel lethargic and sore. My left arm, where I got the injection, feels like I got punched really hard.
Hard to like that, Herm. My vaccines were Moderna and I had a terrible time. But I chose Pfizer for my booster and experienced zero symptoms. If I'm allowed a 2nd booster I will choose Pfizer again

I ended up testing positive today, 4 days after my wife did. I hid in the basement and masked up so I'm not feeling terrible but I think I'm about to hit the downslope. I should have kegged the pale ale when I was feeling better.

I ended up testing positive today, 4 days after my wife did. I hid in the basement and masked up so I'm not feeling terrible but I think I'm about to hit the downslope. I should have kegged the pale ale when I was feeling better.
I hope you feel better soon Jason

Thanks. Me too. I paid for a PCR test as our local government is getting pretty sleazy about how it's going to deal with long term issues and I didn't want to roll the dice on them stiffing us.

Ugh. Well, a couple extra days or weeks in the fermenter wont hurt. Focus on feeling as good as possible and resting and nourishment. Get well soon!

Dang!
I know a lot of people who have tested positive recently, like, a lot...
Worst case was my oldest brother (65yrsold), he had sore throat, sniffles, cough and congestion for about 4-5 days. He never had a fever, more like a common cold really. Everyone else was back to normal in 1-2 days. My daughters BF was sick in the morning, and better by dinner the same day. I do know of three people not vaccinated who were sick, all recovered quickly as well. I know one person who has been sick twice with it, and another who has bee sick and tested positive three times over the last two years. Our official numbers here are pretty high, but the majority of cases are going unreported (none f the people I know have done a PCR test, all have done rapid tests).

I am currently living in Beijing......I have had two shots.....felt no discomfort. I'm due for my follow up booster in the next few days.....I got to admit.....I wonder if I just get the special discount vaccine (water). Oh well we are pretty much zero Covid here in Beijing......Shanghai is a different issue. I am the only person in my family now that has not had Covid.

I am currently living in Beijing......I have had two shots.....felt no discomfort. I'm due for my follow up booster in the next few days.....I got to admit.....I wonder if I just get the special discount vaccine (water). Oh well we are pretty much zero Covid here in Beijing......Shanghai is a different issue. I am the only person in my family now that has not had Covid.
Many people feel no discomfort with the vaccine, so you surely did not get water.

Beer maybe...

Immune-compromised folks have no choice and no freedom. If they are severely compromised, they risk death so they wear a mask. If they are to visit family, they often must travel on a plane. If others choose not to wear a mask, and unknowingly or knowingly spread Covid, their lives are in danger. They have no options for protection other than to wear a mask themselves, which may give them (at best) a 1 in 40 chance of getting sick on a long flight. Not great odds. Our world is populated with selfish pricks who care only for themselves. Our society has no appreciation for the concept of “public health “. And the media is buying the “freedom” celebration hook, line and sinker despite the majority supporting masking on public transit. And then there are the kids with small children who must weigh their options…. Ugh, I need another beer…

Ugh. Well, a couple extra days or weeks in the fermenter wont hurt. Focus on feeling as good as possible and resting and nourishment. Get well soon!

I'm lucky and the symptoms were minor, I can't tell if it messed up my taste or if I used bad hops but the pale ale doesn't taste great. It might be a dumper. Still testing positive so still isolating though.

Dang!
I know a lot of people who have tested positive recently, like, a lot...
Worst case was my oldest brother (65yrsold), he had sore throat, sniffles, cough and congestion for about 4-5 days. He never had a fever, more like a common cold really. Everyone else was back to normal in 1-2 days. My daughters BF was sick in the morning, and better by dinner the same day. I do know of three people not vaccinated who were sick, all recovered quickly as well. I know one person who has been sick twice with it, and another who has bee sick and tested positive three times over the last two years. Our official numbers here are pretty high, but the majority of cases are going unreported (none f the people I know have done a PCR test, all have done rapid tests).

My wife and I paid for PCR tests because the Alberta government stopped testing when the numbers looked bad. I don't trust them not to try and screw us over if there are long term complications so I wanted an official test.

My wife and I paid for PCR tests because the Alberta government stopped testing when the numbers looked bad. I don't trust them not to try and screw us over if there are long term complications so I wanted an official test.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. My Mother in Law (90) tested positive last weekend, and has been sick, but she is recovering okay.

I'm lucky and the symptoms were minor, I can't tell if it messed up my taste or if I used bad hops but the pale ale doesn't taste great. It might be a dumper. Still testing positive so still isolating though.
Don't dump it until someone else tries it, or after a couple weeks at least.

The Bat Sniffles are known to eliminate your senses of taste and smell, but I've also heard of them being modified such that some things become unpleasant. Both are temporary, from a few weeks to a few months, at least in the people I know personally.

Someone who has not been affected might find it delicious, or it really may be a dumper. If it's delicious, send it down here.

Nah that was with... crap I forget. I'm not sure how this one will turn out, I've kegged it but I haven't sampled it yet.

Back