What are you doing with homebrew today?

Tempted to pitch kveik instead of saison...
Temp in my cooler box is already 27 oC and that's without the fermenter inside....
And it is only 11.30 in the morning

Tempted to pitch kveik instead of saison...
Temp in my cooler box is already 27 oC and that's without the fermenter inside....
And it is only 11.30 in the morning
Wow it's still so hot over these were starting to cool off now here in SE QLD.

Yeah, it looked like cooling down, but not yet.
Anyway, pitched half a pack of Saison and put the baby speidel in the cooler.
OG reading with refracto about 12.5 close to what I wanted but with only about 65 % of the volume I was aiming for.
Fingers crossed. Now we wait.

IMG_20220416_163602.jpg

Been gurneying the patio and under the bar this morning. Man the underside wasn't pretty.
20220417_105743.jpg

See that overflow hose yeah its manky all the beer spillage in the chest freezer makes its way out down the hose and onto the patio floor.
20220417_105752.jpg

Well I've got plans to run a drain hose across the back wall then plumb that drain line into it so it drains down the storm water down pipe.

Then I can flush the keezer every now and then to keep the freezer and drain line clean.

My keg kicked yesterday so I grabbed the fermenter that lookes like it finished and refilled it. It's been a week and the Tilt looked like it should be good to go. Put it on my rocking horse at 30 poungs for ten minutes and stuffed it in the Kegerator. I'll try it out later today.

Last week my keezer crapped out, did not notice, it warmed up and everything got moldy!!!
So new keezer build and a lot of cleaning! I needed to replace the beer lines anyway.
Picked up a new 7cu ft pretty cheap at Home Depot. Garage rated to -17 so that’s good for me since mine is semi outdoors (doesn’t get that cold here in the south west of Canada……usually!)
Full build is a lot of work, not doing anything crazy, just a collar and five taps. I did go smaller size with larger collar, bu I’m putting a pulley system to get kegs in. Plus going to try and brew in next two days.

Last week my keezer crapped out, did not notice, it warmed up and everything got moldy!!!
So new keezer build and a lot of cleaning! I needed to replace the beer lines anyway.
Picked up a new 7cu ft pretty cheap at Home Depot. Garage rated to -17 so that’s good for me since mine is semi outdoors (doesn’t get that cold here in the south west of Canada……usually!)
Full build is a lot of work, not doing anything crazy, just a collar and five taps. I did go smaller size with larger collar, bu I’m putting a pulley system to get kegs in. Plus going to try and brew in next two days.
Looking forward to seeing how you get on!:)

Back