Need a cider fast (30 days)

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've screwed around and put off starting some promised cider for a wedding coming up in mid-May. I have to start some like now. Suggestions on getting it done quickly? I'd like it to be pretty dry but at this point, I'll take what I can get. :)
I've done it in the past with a combination of Nottingham or S-04 up front and adding Champagne yeast after initial krausen. Last batch took 41 days from pitch to keg. It took 2 weeks to get about halfway to FG and I added O2 and Champagne yeast at that point to get it down to 1.00 at around 30 days. Is there a cider yeast that will kick in faster and get it down to gravity in 1 week or so?
Thanks! :)

PS...shouldn't matter to the process but I'll be adding peach puree.

Last edited:
I've made lots of them with voss kveik.
Check the "primitive cider" thread.
Couple days fermenting, carbonasion then I would say a good 5 days cooling at least.
Made it with packs of applejuice that were preserved with vitamin C

I've done cider with S04 that was done in 2-3 weeks. Finished very very dry

Reactions: J A
I've done cider with S04 that was done in 2-3 weeks. Finished very very dry
I used S-04 and had pretty good luck but last time it just didn't work as well. I'll pitch either my S-04 or Notty and see what happens. :)

I used S-04 and had pretty good luck but last time it just didn't work as well. I'll pitch either my S-04 or Notty and see what happens. :)
Good luck to you and your yeasties! I've done half a dozen ciders and have only used S04 in them

I've done a few ciders using different yeasts. EC-1118, S05, T-58, and Lallemand Verdant. EC1118 will dry the cider to a point you will want to back sweeten it for balance. All of my ciders were drinkable in roughly 10 days. I also keg them. You can get it done before May.

I've used mangrove jack cider yeast. Made a good cider, but I can't remember how long it took

Puede probar con Voss de lellemand que tiene una tolerancia alta a alcohol y una fermentación rápida (no dejar que disminuya la temperatura con 20C o superior mejor y si fermenta en presión mejor le quedara lista en 10 dias no dejar mucho tiempo con el lodo.

Puede probar con Voss de lellemand que tiene una tolerancia alta a alcohol y una fermentación rápida (no dejar que disminuya la temperatura con 20C o superior mejor y si fermenta en presión mejor le quedara lista en 10 dias no dejar mucho tiempo con el lodo.
Gracias, pero no me gusta los Voss. No me gusta en cerveza pero tal vez sea mejor en sidra. :)

Ok , si me dice a que temperatura fermentara y si la gasifica o no pudiera sugerirle alguna levadura que he utilizado
saludos

Ok , si me dice a que temperatura fermentara y si la gasifica o no pudiera sugerirle alguna levadura que he utilizado
saludos

The translation =
Ok, if you tell me what temperature it fermented at and if you gasify it or I couldn't suggest any yeast I've used Best regards.

I'm interested in the results of different Voss strains at different temps, too. ... I would guess Gasify means carbonate.

Can we get a "translation Function" on BF?

[CITA="Daniel Parshley, post: 159227, miembro: 42466"] La traducción =
Ok, si me dices a qué temperatura fermentó y si lo gasificas o no podría sugerir ninguna levadura que haya usado Best regards.

También estoy interesado en los resultados de diferentes cepas de Voss a diferentes temperaturas. ... Supongo que Gasify significa carbonato.

¿Podemos obtener una "función de traducción" en BF? [/CITA]

Trabaje un tiempo en una cidrera puedo ayudarle con datos como Temperatura de fermentación, Presión, %Vol CO2 si gasifica o no Turbidez deseada.

He utilizado distintas levaduras en distintos procesos.
Si desea le puedo sugerir algunas alternativas.
Saludos

I used Voss to get the often reported peach flavor in a blonde I fermented at 87°f/30c....no such luck but still good and clean!

Utilicé Voss para obtener el sabor a durazno que a menudo se menciona en una rubia. Fermenté a 87°f/30c... no tuve tanta suerte, pero aún así es buena y limpia.

I haven't noticed any differences between Lallemand voss and Mangrove Jack voss.
I suppose it is the same strain.
So far, they worked alright at up to 40 oC, and also fine around 28 oC and all in between. And they can handle temp fluctuations!
I do ferment, carbonate and condition for a bit longer than some (about 1 week/1week/ min 3 days).
I use it, not because I am in a hurry, but because of lack of cooling

Can we get a "translation Function" on BF?
On my iPhone, if I highlight the text one of the menu items that pops up is "Translate".
Alternative of course is The Google: The Mighty Google Unites Us All :rolleyes:

Back