Electric Brewing

jmac67%

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone brew with an electric system like from Anvil, Blichman, Grainfather? If so any info on them? Ease of use, worth the money etc.?

Ican't speak to those systems specifically, but I have always done electric indoors. Make sure you have a way to vent the steam, lol. 1/2 gal + an hour makes everything wet

I use a Brewzilla 30L. I'm happy with it. There's a few teething batches to get over, but once you're through them it's far simpler to brew than anything else I've tried.

Value for money depends on how important some of the features are to you. I looked at the Grainfather and didn't really see the value. But for other people the things they offer are sure to be worth the extra money. I don't think you can really go wrong with the electric all in one systems, it's more a matter of knowing what you want and getting one that fits that spec.

I also use a Brewzilla 30 and I like it. Agree there is a learning curve, but now that I've mastered it even a complicated step mash is almost trivial.

I use the Anvil, every thing said above. I wouldnt go back to propane. Gave it all to my son.
I use it on 220 v in a small room in the basement. It rained in there time I used it. Had to build a heat exchanger to condense the steam.

I use a Brewzilla, it has its warts, but I like it.
Kegland has released their Gen 4 unit that addresses many of the warts, but it doesn't appear to be available in North America yet.

I have used a Gigawort for the past 3 years, around 20 batches a year. Very inexpensive. Perfect for 2.5 gallon batches, but is not large enough for 5 gallon batches.

Back