Dark Mild.

Milled the grains stike temp is almost reached.
20220219_101934.jpg

Slight change only had about 150g dark crystal but I did have some gladfield dark crystal so that propped it up to 300g just not same lovibond. Also a tad more imperial malt 25g more it's going in not need to keep that in the bag.
That bucket smells like choc biscuits yum

View attachment 19439
Slight change only had about 150g dark crystal but I did have some gladfield dark crystal so that propped it up to 300g just not same lovibond. Also a tad more imperial malt 25g more it's going in not need to keep that in the bag.
Let’s go! Will be looking forward to your updates along the way.

Brew days all sorted got some notty stiring for pitch tomorrow numbers pretty much smack on
20220219_133007.jpg

1.037 temp corrected.
I transferred hot to the kegmenter for cool down.
Tip to all that use them don't use the tri clamp seal on the cool down. I just clamp it without otherwise it almost glues itself to the flange I've has a bugger of a time dislodging it In the past!
20220219_133036.jpg

Glycol chamber is sitting at -10 the glycol is 1c looking forward to using this tomorrow :)
20220219_133333.jpg

Looks like I milled at 10:30 it's 1:30 now 3 hours loving it!

Last edited:
View attachment 19439
Do you condition the grain with a spritz of wd40?

Okay, try it now, I must have bumped the share button
Nope still permission error here.

This is what mine turned out like.
20220310_190125.jpg

It's a good beer clean crushable but just a bit thin in mouthfeel i just want a bit more body in the middle if you know what I mean.
Also head doesn't stick around I receeds pretty quick.
It finished high for me though at 1.016 but I don't know maybe my bitterness is just a tad high which my be cutting that sweetness a bit.

But I'll brew this again but I'll go for a more estery yeast and I'll throw some Chocolate malt in in place of the roasted barley.
Im nit picking it remember I know I can brew it better ;)

Me and this phone! SMH.
I must have changed it and not saved it before leaving the screen.
It's shared and saved now
The above picture was from the test jar, so warm and not carbed.
It was already very clear and I'm excited to try it cold and carbonated.
The cask will get tapped in 2 weeks.

Me and this phone! SMH.
I must have changed it and not saved it before leaving the screen.
It's shared and saved now
The above picture was from the test jar, so warm and not carbed.
It was already very clear and I'm excited to try it cold and carbonated.
The cask will get tapped in 2 weeks.
Oh yeah you gotta post a pic of the end result please.

Nope still permission error here.

This is what mine turned out like.
View attachment 19722
It's a good beer clean crushable but just a bit thin in mouthfeel i just want a bit more body in the middle if you know what I mean.
It finished high for me though at 1.016 but I don't know maybe my bitterness is just a tad high which my be cutting that sweetness a bit.

But I'll brew this again but I'll go for a more estery yeast and I'll throw some Chocolate malt in in place of the roasted barley.
Im nit picking it remember I know I can brew it better ;)
For my $.02 it sounds right. Its not a porter. Should be more bitter and thinner mouthfeel

I brewed a couple Dark Milds a few years ago and would describe it exactly the same way. Given my limited brewing frequency, this style just never rose high enough on the list to brew it since.

I brewed a couple Dark Milds a few years ago and would describe it exactly the same way. Given my limited brewing frequency, this style just never rose high enough on the list to brew it since.
Oh cheers its hard trying to emulate a style of beer you've never actually tasted before lol.
Looks like i mightnt be too far off the cut after all:)

Back