Happiness is:

Brewing your first lager and watching it ferment like crazy at 55F!

Pig Sty Brewery said:
finding a few bottles from a fantastic brew you made long ago.
Haha! That happens to me quite a bit actually. Just found one from over a year ago, thinking it was the one I just made a few months back and me and my 21 yo son taking a taste of it (as we're getting out ingredients to make 4 batches of mead) and looking at each other at the same time and going...

"That's not the Irish Red...that's...the honey pale ale from last Christmas!"

Can't put a price on that! :-D

Waiting nearly a year for your Saison to mature and then wow. It just kicks butt.

A new brew keggle to add to my system. If I set it up right I will have the option of 5-10-15 or 20 gallon batches from one system. :twisted:

I have that option too, its great but choose to have a variety, lately Ive been filling 2 kegs with the same beer

Finding a professional carpenter to build an unfinished keezer collar for less than half of what you thought he might charge. (I didn't tell him that). I offered to pay him 2 1/2 times his bid if he drills the tap and gas holes, and stains it. Score!!

Finding the company that supplies the kegs to the store where you USED to buy them! Score!!

The bubbling sound of an airlock on a fermenter.

And equally enjoyable - Last child graduating from college. (no more payments!)

When SWAMBO says, "Honey, why don't you brew today."

Nosybear said:
To add to that fantasy statement, "Take me for a ride in that Corvette of yours and then I'll help you brew after!"

So my wife says to me, "You spoil me with your homebrew. At that party, I had to choke down a Bud Light!"

jeffpn said:
Nosybear said:
To add to that fantasy statement, "Take me for a ride in that Corvette of yours and then I'll help you brew after!"
It really happened! (cue unicorns and sparkle ponies)

When you ask the next door neighbor who's moving in if he likes beer, and he says he brews his own!!

Realising your out of empties and have to get drinking to make room for the next brew!

Having my brew day with my neighbor and tossing a few back while his wife mows his lawn!

Realizing you have a drawer in the kitchen fridge dedicated to hops and yeast

jmcnamara said:
Realizing you have a drawer in the kitchen fridge dedicated to hops and yeast
Blatant one-upsmanship: Having SWAMBO ask if she can store the milk in YOUR fridge.

Nosybear said:
Blatant one-upsmanship: Having SWAMBO ask if she can store the milk in YOUR fridge.
Hey, I've had that happen, too!

Back