I brewed today!

jeffpn said:
Has anyone brewed a Christmas beer yet. I'm currently boiling the Holiday Cheer recipe, converted to all grain, found in Charlie P.'s Complete Joy book on pg 225.

I have one in the fermenter - I call it "NOLA Breakfast Stout" - it's an American Stout flavored with Café DuMonde (coffee and chicory). I have no idea if it will be any good. I'm a novice and this is my first "home grown" recipe.

Might be good with beignets. Cafe du monde and chicory. I can imagine that combo. Let us know how it turns out.

Just finishing up a Belgian Blonde. Haven't brewed 1 of those before. Belgian Pil's, Vienna, Carapils and a little Victory we had laying around. Magnum, Saaz and homegrown Goldings.

Just tasted final wort, will be good beer to teach yellow fuzzy beer drinkers there are options even for them. Forgot what a nice spicy flavor Saaz leaves.

Sounds yummy! For the first time in over three years, I have absolutely nothing in process right now, unless you count the IPA currently bottle-conditioning....

It's brewing season Nosybear! get on it! Am mashed in on a Cold Smoke Clone as I type. Kettlehouse In Missoula MT brews this strong scotch ale. It is yummy. Love to stop down at the Elks club and have a pint off the tap once in a while. They are in the process of expanding so they can meet local demand.

Well, Monday night anyway. My late sister Janet's Birthday. Found this recipe in "Brewing Classic Styles" after she passed in 2013. Have brewed on her birthday since then. She always loved a good flavorful beer (Black&Tan) and this is a good brown. Try to stay pretty close to original recipe but always a little different each time. As she would like it. "Prost to you J K."

Might go good with beanie weanies too ;)

Yesterday was the final brew for the year, American Amber Ale. I logged 54 brew sessions and 289.88 gallons for 2015. Fermenters, kegs and bottles everywhere.

Atta boy Dan! If beer is good, life is good.

DanC said:
Yesterday was the final brew for the year, American Amber Ale. I logged 54 brew sessions and 289.88 gallons for 2015. Fermenters, kegs and bottles everywhere.

Brewing 12/29 and again 12/31 to complete the brew year.... and that will total 22 brews / 120.5 gallons. I don't think I'd be able to brew any more than that. I can't imagine brewing 54 batches!

I'm brewing some kind of lager tomorrow. I brewed more this year than I probably ever have. I don't keep old brew session notes, so I'm not sure of my output this year. In fact, the only recipes and notes I have are in the BF app. I probably did about 30 sessions, 5 gallons per.

Im right at DanC, if you have family and friends over a lot you can see why, I cant stand to be out of my beer, retail beer just isn't my cup of tea, I also brew a keg or 2 for my dad specifically ,he only drinks lite beer

I'm just about at the boiling point for a red ipa with flaked wheat I toasted myself. Hoping to get another batch in this week since I'm off work :)

Just now drinking the last bottle of RIS brewed January 2 this year and brewing the new batch tomorrow.

Brewed the 1776 Porter from Radical Brewing, minus the licorice stick since the brew store was out.
I've got a test batch of a shock top pretzel wheat clone mashing as I type. Hopefully, I'll also be able to bottle the toasted wheat ipa. It was a good weekend

Getting back into it, yesterday I brewed the Westvleteren Blond (Patjesbier) clone from Zymurgy a few months back. Nearly seven ounces of hops in that bad boy, wort has a lovely flavor, will know how it came out in about seven weeks.

I'm brewing today, brewing 10 gallons of a Boston Lager Clone only using an ale yeast at 57, should work just the same, had some clean yeast least over also from a blond

Planning a kettle-soured beer using Mandarina hops and sourdough starter to get the souring going. Hey, it makes good, clean-tasting tart bread and it's a great source of lactobacilli! The professional version it's modeled on was soured with yogurt. They used Mosaic and got a distinct pineappley aroma and flavor. I'm going for tangerine.

Back