adjunct vienna lager

I don't think Vienna Lagers typically include adjunct grains, but that doesn't mean it won't make a good beer!
I realize that. It would be more of an "international" amber lager at this point. Sort of like a mexican version of a vienna lager (modelo negra, XX amber, etc)

Looks like a winner to me.
I made a Vienna Smash recently and used Sterling. Really enjoyed it.

I cloned a local brewery's recipe of a Mexican amber/dark lager, equal parts pils/vienna/munich/corn with just a touch of Carafa, ferment with 34/70, comes out fantastic. Your recipe looks excellent.

You titled it as a Vienna lager and then asked for our thoughts without any context lol you got a bunch of style nerds giving their thoughts :D
First of all I called it an adjunct Vienna lager from the beginning. I thought the beer nerds would know what that is. Apparently not…

sorry all. It’s an international amber lager based on a mexican adjunct Vienna lager. Hopefully that’s more specific. My bad.

Last edited:
Not sure on the style but would some 30 min flavour hops help out?
I just always throw in some 30 min or later hop additions on even lagers.

Looks tasty I look forward to seeing it In the glass

First of all I called it an adjunct Vienna lager from the beginning. I thought the beer nerds would know what that is. Apparently not…

sorry all. It’s an international amber lager based on a mexican adjunct Vienna lager. Hopefully that’s more specific. My bad.
Sure thing. It looks tasty to me, excited to hear how it turns out

Mexican beer is a result of German immigrants bringing their beer styles and using local ingredients. Amber Mexican beers are stylistically very much Vienna Lagers with the addition of corn adjunct. Your recipe looks pretty perfect in that regard. Brew on! :)

Back