Random thought for the day

The only alternative is an early death, so maybe not.
I've heard lots of folks say that gettin' old beats the alternative. I mostly hear that from young people that don't yet have all the ailments of old age. It might be better than dying, but I'm sure the pain is done afterward. Arthritis can make you miserable in Alabama when combined with the humid sudden weather changes and cool winter. The problem is winter never gets cold enough to stabilize the weather by lowering the humidity. The barometer here jumps around like a jack-rabbit in a pepper patch.

I’m starting to realize “we used to do that all the time as kids” means we did it a few times.

"You kids should go outside and play"
"When I was your age I was outside all day. All I had to play with was a stick, it was a gun in the morning, and a sword in the afternoon"

We were so poor, it was a good thing I was a boy, or I'd have had nothing at all to play with.

(stolen from Rodney Dangerfield).

One of my favorite Monty Python skits that started as The Four Yorkshiremen sketch from ‘At Last the 1948 Show’.

"There were 150 of us living in a cardboard box in the middle of the road"
"Cardboard Box?"
"Aye"
"You were lucky!"
20_f.png

Last edited:
"There were 150 of us living in a cardboard box in the middle of the road"
"Cardboard Box"
"Aye"
"You were lucky!"
20_f.png
That's a young Marty Feldman on the right, but who's the chap on the far left?

I recognized him but couldn't place him. So, I googled and learned he was Timothy Brooke-Taylor. I know he's been in a bunch of shows primarily in the 70s and 80s but, I think I remembered him most from a British show in the late 80's called "You must be the husband". Unfortunately he died of covid in April 2020.

Back