IT was a good day

grainy one

Trial Member
Reaction score
It was a good day right from the beginning. After my coffee I realized that the late 70s commercial electric percolator coffee pot I picked up for a $1.32 yesterday spits out 170 degree water at a rate perfect for all grain fly spaurging.
Then on the way to my favorite local grocery store I find a perfect match for a missing glove laying in the street. I stop my bike and scooped it up. Then on the next block I see a great glass coffee table just set out to the curb. So after taking it home I finally get to the store where I see a cart with Hdpe buckets with lids for a $1 each. I must say it was a good day for this brewer.

grainy one said:
It was a good day right from the beginning. After my coffee I realized that the late 70s commercial electric percolator coffee pot I picked up for a $1.32 yesterday spits out 170 degree water at a rate perfect for all grain fly spaurging.
Then on the way to my favorite local grocery store I find a perfect match for a missing glove laying in the street. I stop my bike and scooped it up. Then on the next block I see a great glass coffee table just set out to the curb. So after taking it home I finally get to the store where I see a cart with Hdpe buckets with lids for a $1 each. I must say it was a good day for this brewer.

How did you get the glass coffee table on the bike?

I was wondering if someone would ask. I was only 2blocks from home so I took the glass home first then came back for the wood frame latter.

I was picturing it balanced precariously on the handle bars! :lol:

I have not hauled much for furniture on the bike but have been seen with 5 gallons of wort on one side of the handle bars and a hlt on the other.

coffee makers, is there anything they can't do? should make getting sparge water easy for you.

I gave a talk last night on quality in homebrewing to the Denver chapter of the American Society for Quality. Several people afterward told me they would buy pints of my sample beers. And they laughed at my jokes!

Nosybear said:
I gave a talk last night on quality in homebrewing to the Denver chapter of the American Society for Quality. Several people afterward told me they would buy pints of my sample beers. And they laughed at my jokes!

Your jokes do get funnier after a few pints.

Back