Covid

So babies ended up coming through just fine. Came home Monday? Tuesday? I'm lucky if I know what day it is anymore:confused::D They somehow both developed UTIs and we still aren't sure how that coincidence happened, twins are weird... But yeah they had E Coli infections and once that was identified and they determined they could use oral antibiotics they were discharged. The next day they had their 2 month check up and the pediatrician thinks it's more likely the high fevers came from the bacterial infections than from the Covid. So that made us feel better. Still getting a degree of guilt and judgment for taking the babies to Christmas and that's frustrating.
Still a lot of family drama surrounding my wife's aunt and uncle. After my mother-in-law called her out and let her know the babies were in the hospital she basically blamed us saying it's our fault for bringing them to unmasked gatherings. But like are we supposed to all hide in our home till they're like a year old or something? It's like we would expect adult family members to be responsible and take precautions themselves if they know there's a possibility they're infected. Like I'm not pretending we're blameless but expecting high risk people to stay locked up cause you can't be a little selfless is getting insane

It'd be nice if those that refused the vaccine also refused hospital beds
I think Facebook and other outlets that have helped spread misinformation need to be held accountable somehow. Have a co-worker about to retire rather than get the vaccine. Told me she'll never get it cause she's seen too many videos

she basically blamed us saying it's our fault for bringing them to unmasked gatherings. But like are we supposed to all hide in our home till they're like a year old or something? It's like we would expect adult family members to be responsible and take precautions themselves if they know there's a possibility they're infected. Like I'm not pretending we're blameless but expecting high risk people to stay locked up cause you can't be a little selfless is getting insane

This is the part that I can't forgive. Their boredom or entitlement is more important than your children's safety in their minds.

My brother doesn't trust the government procured vaccines but he has no trouble with the government procured marijuana that we have in Canada.
My problem is with the people that waited till now to come out as anti-vax. If you never had a problem with any other vaccine why start now? Even if you don't trust the mRNA vaccines it's not like the J&J doesn't exist. I see no excuse not to atleast get that.
This is the part that I can't forgive. Their boredom or entitlement is more important than your children's safety in their minds.
I'm not sure they'll ever come to NY to visit again cause they basically pissed everyone off. It seems like they were going to ignore the warnings no matter what cause they were pissed they had to cancel last minute last year cause they couldn't get PCR tests for the travel requirements. Apparently the day after Christmas they stopped by another cousin's place to kill time before their flight and were there like an hour an a half before they said they'd been having some sinus issues. She was like WTF? My wife's aunt with Stage 3/4 (I'm not sure I'm not a doctor?) Cancer got it from Christmas Eve and had to reschedule a chemo treatment. I wonder in 10 years when they haven't seen any family if they'll still think it was worth it

Yup. Just the arrogant stupidity of it and then to be offended when others are upset. I'd be just as pissed if they showed up with measles.

My brother is quite upset that the rest of us are disowning him but instead of reflecting on why he's just doubling down on his own entitlement. Which I frankly don't care if he does at this point, he doesn't matter to me anymore, his kids are who I care about. Also I'm apparently going to die from the vaccine anywhere between last June and the heat death of the universe.

Thing is in 10 years it will still be everyone's fault but theirs, and that is why I would rather lose a friend than tolerate the selfishness personally.

Yeah that made me laugh pretty hard when I saw that. I do think weed is actually making his behaviour worse but that's on him and until he wants to make amends he can be an outcast.

People were mad cause we closed a location (that was closing anyways) several days early, at like noon without warning. We didn't have staffing for other stores though. We have multiple store managers and pharmacists out with Covid and we currently don't have any assistant managers or store managers-in-training. I'm the highest ranking person in our district who isn't a store manager and I'm not taking a promotion cause I know the second I do they're going to drop me in a store by myself and expect me to swim. A Covid spike when you already have a staffing crisis doesn't help at all

My brother doesn't trust the government procured vaccines but he has no trouble with the government procured marijuana that we have in Canada.

And let me guess...he sees this logic as completely rational? Seems to be a pandemic of situational ethics as well!

After my mother-in-law called her out and let her know the babies were in the hospital she basically blamed us saying it's our fault for bringing them to unmasked gatherings. But like are we supposed to all hide in our home till they're like a year old or something?
[Sarcasm]
It is right and good to blame the victim. Modern ethics [/Sarcasm]

One thing I remember Pope Benedict XVI saying was that "Moral Relativism (the idea that moral principles have no objective standards) is the major evil facing the Catholic church". Everything we've seen in the past few years convinces me that it is the major evil faced by the world. How do you change someone's opinion when, by their definition of reality, they can never be wrong?

So babies ended up coming through just fine. Came home Monday? Tuesday? I'm lucky if I know what day it is anymore:confused::D They somehow both developed UTIs and we still aren't sure how that coincidence happened, twins are weird... But yeah they had E Coli infections and once that was identified and they determined they could use oral antibiotics they were discharged. The next day they had their 2 month check up and the pediatrician thinks it's more likely the high fevers came from the bacterial infections than from the Covid. So that made us feel better. Still getting a degree of guilt and judgment for taking the babies to Christmas and that's frustrating.
Still a lot of family drama surrounding my wife's aunt and uncle. After my mother-in-law called her out and let her know the babies were in the hospital she basically blamed us saying it's our fault for bringing them to unmasked gatherings. But like are we supposed to all hide in our home till they're like a year old or something? It's like we would expect adult family members to be responsible and take precautions themselves if they know there's a possibility they're infected. Like I'm not pretending we're blameless but expecting high risk people to stay locked up cause you can't be a little selfless is getting insane
Well mate I'm just glad you and yours and the littlies are fine I forgot how young they are before long they will be bouncing off the walls.
Cherish your loved ones man you be you;).
Stay strong remember your both in this together stick as a team and all hurdles will be crossed.

First one of these I've done
20220124_073051.jpg

Still not a plesent experience glad I don't need one of these regularly!

First one of these I've doneView attachment 19117
Still not a plesent experience glad I don't need one of these regularly!
Our buddy Joe Biden just put up a website and is giving away 4 free covid at-home tests per address, free*. Kinda nice. The guv'mint ordered a billion of these things. I ordered mine.

*TANSTAAFL

make sure you report your case to the hotline in your city if you contract it, that's the only way they can actually track correctly

Our buddy Joe Biden just put up a website and is giving away 4 free covid at-home tests per address, free*. Kinda nice. The guv'mint ordered a billion of these things. I ordered mine.

*TANSTAAFL
We can't get them Rats easily here in Aus ATM even though we've got manufacturers here.

But doing work in retirement homes requires RAT test before entry so go a free test still don't want another though that test ain't fun.

We can't get them Rats easily here in Aus ATM even though we've got manufacturers here.

But doing work in retirement homes requires RAT test before entry so go a free test still don't want another though that test ain't fun.
I ordered mine. They should be here sometime after the latest wave.

Back