Covid

So everything has been going well with the babies health-wise since coming home but just this morning they spiked fevers and the pediatrician advised taking them to the ER. Hopefully not Covid related but is very possible since it's currently going through my wife's side of the family who are not all vaccinated. I'm afraid to even tell my parents cause my mom has already been judgemental about us being around unvaccinated family members. It's just really scary stuff all around
All the best.

So everything has been going well with the babies health-wise since coming home but just this morning they spiked fevers and the pediatrician advised taking them to the ER. Hopefully not Covid related but is very possible since it's currently going through my wife's side of the family who are not all vaccinated. I'm afraid to even tell my parents cause my mom has already been judgemental about us being around unvaccinated family members. It's just really scary stuff all around
Better safe. Hopefully it's something like roseola which is well treatable (but way scary for sure).

Thinking good thoughts for you Steve, hope it all turns out to be typical baby stuff.

Thinking good thoughts for you Steve, hope it all turns out to be typical baby stuff.
They're both positive and Ruby has a bacterial infection and they're taking her to the PICU . Her fever was as high as 104. I'm just so angry really. This is all because extended family members lied about being sick, didn't get tested before coming to Christmas and then even tried to play things off like my sister-in-law was patient zero until their daughter ratted them out. Regardless of how this turns out I'm not sure we'll be seeing them again ever

Unlike adults, newborns can suffer higher fevers without harm.

No excuse at ALL for not being upfront. Especially around newborns! :angry:

They're both positive and Ruby has a bacterial infection and they're taking her to the PICU . Her fever was as high as 104. I'm just so angry really. This is all because extended family members lied about being sick, didn't get tested before coming to Christmas and then even tried to play things off like my sister-in-law was patient zero until their daughter ratted them out. Regardless of how this turns out I'm not sure we'll be seeing them again ever

Honestly Steve if I was you that's exactly what I would be doing. They clearly didn't give a rats ass about your families safety. Hope everyone heals up asap and is safe.

Steve, we are praying for your daughters, as well as you and your wife!

I think permanently severing all ties with anyone who knowingly puts the lives of your children at risk, as evidenced by them being in Pediatric ICU, is the best and only course of action you can take!

Both babies are doing ok. Ruby is back out of the ICU and with her brother. They wanted a full 36 hours on her blood cultures though which would be like 2am. If everything goes well they could come home in the morning. The family stuff just keeps getting worse cause my mom has been super judgemental and even took it upon herself to text my mother-in-law to make sure her sister knows that the babies are in the hospital. It's like nobody asked you to get involved mom...

Glad to hear that the kids are doing better

Both babies are doing ok. Ruby is back out of the ICU and with her brother. They wanted a full 36 hours on her blood cultures though which would be like 2am. If everything goes well they could come home in the morning. The family stuff just keeps getting worse cause my mom has been super judgemental and even took it upon herself to text my mother-in-law to make sure her sister knows that the babies are in the hospital. It's like nobody asked you to get involved mom...
I didn't know this man I am so sorry to hear this but glad they have come through unscathed.
I was literally on the phone to my bros wife telling her to hug her loved ones. Saying you just never know.
So happy to hear their out of ICU and on the mend.
No sh$t they ain't invited to Christmas next year...!

Glad to hear they are heading in the right direction.

We seem to have gotten through with only one positive case. The grandson, a day or two after a positive home test, got a negative result from the PCR test. The impact overall wasn't bad...just substantial disruption of family stuff during the holidays. Everybody seems healthy and happy to start of the new year.

My step son (we don't really use the step word though as we are very close) went to Miami last week for a multiple day bachelor party. They were out clubbing, and were in many other social settings with close contact and no masks. They have all tested positive since returning home, except for the groom, who had been sick with it and recovered back in early December. Stupid is as stupid does I guess. He is pretty cavalier about it. If he has a mild case and recovers without any complications, I guess it is even better than getting a booster shot. I guess...

Ugh. Not really better, but try telling him that. Hope he's ok.

Did a rapid test when I got home, a friend had some and gave them to me, both came back negative so that was good but damn was stuffing that stick up my nose unpleasant. Not my idea of a good time.

Ugh. Not really better, but try telling him that. Hope he's ok.

Did a rapid test when I got home, a friend had some and gave them to me, both came back negative so that was good but damn was stuffing that stick up my nose unpleasant. Not my idea of a good time.
The little wire brush up your nose must be better than a kick in the ass with a frozen work boot!

I guess what I meant by getting and recovering from this new weaker variant being better than a booster shot is that it is a better immunity than the vaccine. This latest variant that is "running rampant" seems to be weaker as well. I believe that it is a last ditch attempt, or at least a step towards at a last ditch attempt for the disease to be able to use humans as hosts. Between a high percentage of the population being vaccinated and uninfected, an increasing mass of the population being vaccinated infected and recovered, as well as the ever increasing mass of unvaccinated people getting and recovering from the virus, I feel pretty strongly that we are very close to this just being a run of the mill flu that sticks around, but doesn't have any significant health impact on the vast majority. Kind of like the other flu's that come around every year that a percentage of those with pre-existing conditions aren't able to fight off.

I still do take this very seriously, I just think that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel, in spite of how dark and long the tunnel looks at the moment.

I am fully aware that I could be completely wrong, so I am not letting my guard down...

If there is a light at the end of the Covid tunnel, it's only the tiniest pin prick. Unfortunately most ICU beds around here are filled with unvaccinated Covid patients. I just hope I, or my loved ones, don't have a sudden need of an ICU bed (car accident, heart-attack, etc.) because there aren't many available!

Back