Fermenting in 28-30 degree ?

Lordfigger

Trial Member
Reaction score
In my area is a little high temp so I will try to start fermentation my wheat ale

in this high temp 28-30 degree celsius

anyone have any ideas ? it gonna work ?

It might ferment but I don´t know how good it will taste. From what I have read, not good. The fermentation process creates its own heat, so you can add 5-10 degrees to the room temperature.

You need to find a way to cool the fermenter. An easy and cheap way would be to put it in a bucket of water and put some ice in it which would have to be changed daily. You could fill plastic bottles and freeze in a freezer. The more expensive option would be to buy a fridge (assuming you don´t have one spare) and convert it to a slightly warmer temperature to be suitable for brewing.

From my experience, (depending on what yeast of course...) you will end up with a very "aromatic" beer. The high temp will produce all kinds of tastes and aromas that may or may not be desirable, more than likely not though.
What I found to be the bigger problem with not controlling the temperature is the inability to be able to produce a consistent product.
Like Basquebrewing said, a lot of people have success with a swamp cooler. I am not one of them...
I bought a small used fridge and thermostat with probe. Didn't cost me much at all (<$50), not sure what it might cost you Laos though.

It will ferment like a bomb. You will also get a banana bomb out of it, perhaps other off-flavors. 18 degrees C is a good average fermentation temperature, unless you're using a Belgian-style yeast. Some of them like it warmer.

actually I used small fridge with thermostat but I need to brew more than 1 bacth a week so

May be I find bigger fridge one.

Thanks all you guy

Back