What are you doing with homebrew today?

No need to crash it if you are repitching it for a second round. Just pour off most of the liquid, add new wort, and let it go.
If I already did will it hurt it? I should have asked advice first. First tone stepping a starter.

Transferred the 80 shilling. Color was awesome. No taste but will get a sip tomorrow. Probably a pint left in the fermenting keg. I have it in ice for a good cold pint

If I already did will it hurt it? I should have asked advice first. First tone stepping a starter.

Transferred the 80 shilling. Color was awesome. No taste but will get a sip tomorrow. Probably a pint left in the fermenting keg. I have it in ice for a good cold pint
It wont hurt it none I rekon either ither really it's up to you.
If time a cold crash drops the yeast but most I'm sure will flock if you decant and top up.
I admit I rarely two step a starter

Went to bed at 1.042 and woke up at 1.011. Kveik is a wonderful thing
Screenshot_20210923-081230_Tilt 2.jpg

When I do a multi-step starter, I start with a gallon jug and keep adding wort. Then when all done, I cold crash and decant.

I plan to take it out of the fridge when I get home and tonight I’ll add to it.

Work has been crazy busy this year and I haven't been home to brew since March. I took yesterday off and brewed two batches, my Amersham Pale Ale and a new Marzen, Fester Adams. I was worried about the Fester yeast, Saflager w-34/70. I felt I was a little underpitched and added a second pack and it took off. I forgot how much I enjoy this stuff.

I just measured a gravity sample on my IPA of the 3C’s, and it is at 1.012, the FG projected by the recipe. Using Imperial Loki (Voss), apparent attenuation is at 81.3% with abv a little over 6.8%. The sample looked, smelled and tasted good. Into the fermenter I poured 10 grams each of Cascade, Centennial and Chinook hops, and will let it ride until at least Sunday.
image.jpg

Trying out a coffee kolsch with some fancy coffee my wife bought. Curious to see how it turns out.
For what it is worth...I made a Kolsch with coffee a couple of years ago. I used a tablespoon of rough ground coffee beans for each gallon in the mash. It was pretty good. Good luck.

Not much other than drinking it later on the zoom meeting:)
I am straightening up my brewing stuff, tweaking my next recipe, and working on my next order. I’ll be waiting a few weeks and hopefully I can get some liquid yeast without worrying about it get too hot. Fall break week for me so lots of relaxing planned

Back