London Pride is 90% Maris otter and 10% medium crystal. Target North down challenger Golding hops

Here is what I do. Took it from BYO. Some I see don’t have the Goldings at the end. https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1103288/fullers-pride-keg

See you use extract. Find Maris otter extract and add medium crystal. The brown and carastan will take it away from Fullers Pride.

Last edited:
@Josh Hughes, BYO.COM lists a London's Pride clone recipe from the March/April 2011 issue. I only get the print edition so can't check it out. Do you have an online subscription or does it appear in a more recent print edition? Beyond the recipe, I like to read about the style.

Here it is. It’s what I have above scaled/modified due to calculator. I add holdings at the end since the ESB does.
AAFB0F7E-082F-4C0B-8DDD-2809FC3ADA26.png

I just love it that so many people are getting back into brewing these ESBs and other English styles. They've been pushed off the shelves of even specialty stores where I live and no one but me even seemed to notice ....

Back