Mash Volumes and Temperatures

thekraken

Trial Member
Reaction score
(Disclaimer: I'm coming over from BeerSmith and as such am used to the BeerSmith way of doing things)

Is there a reason that some default mash volumes/strike temperatures aren't automatically calculated in the recipe editor? This seems like a basic feature so I'm wondering if it was omitted by design. Or maybe that's something the dev is working on for a later release?

Having to use the "Quick Water Requirements" and do our own temp calcs then manually adding appropriate mash steps is a little tedious. But more to the issue it is error prone.

Yes.. I would like to know the same thing. Where is the strike water temp located?

Does anyone monitor these questions? I'm also considering subscribing to Brewer's Friend instead of Beersmith but would like to know this same thing? I expect the software to estimate how much water to mash and sparge with and what temp water will let me hit the mash temp I want. If this won't do that, then no sense in subscribing.

have you gone through the menu's while in a brew session, there are tabs, look at mash calculator...before you start any brew session you need to set up your losses and equipment settings, they will not be the same as beer smith, you will need add accurate information then in a recipe you need to click more and pick that profile then save it, you can have several profiles for different setups or beers, when you have that done the calculators will transfer the correct information to them

then you need to check off the brew list it will update all the information you need step by step

Back