Anvil 7.5 gal stainless steel fermentor bucket

TJM

Trial Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I'm looking at a Anvil stainless steel fermenter bucket and am curious if this is a 1st and secondary bucket.. Right now I use a plastic bucket for 1st and 5 gal glass carboy for 2nd. I know that stainless steel conical is used for 1st and secondary ferment but cant get an answer on the bucket.
Thanks

Ditto, sort of. I primary in the conical fermenter (approx. 5 days), then let it sit for another 5+ days at a slightly warmer temperature. Then it gets kegged and, if necessary, I will let it sit in the keg until it matures. Very few of my beers need a maturation though, only the porter and oktoberfest so far.

I don’t have the Anvil, but I do have the SSBrewtech stainless brew bucket. I usually leave the beer in the fermenter for 2-3 weeks and then transfer to a keg. I naturally carbonate in the keg and let the beer mature while carbonating, usually another 2-3 weeks. So, in essence, the keg becomes the secondary. And by carbonating in the keg, the yeast scavenge any residual oxygen. After that, I cold crash in the keezer and drink.

I appreciate the responses and now have the info I need to make a decision. Brew on
Thanks

2nd the SS brewtech. very well made, all the welds are nice. have had mine for 3 years and never had an issue.

it does have a few more holes in it now though.. :rolleyes:

I've got the Anvil 7.5 Gallon SS Bucket. It works as both. Having said that, I prefer to rack to a corny keg for secondary/lagering/bulk aging before I bottle. Just my opinion.

The SS Brewtech is better built and easier to lug around (albeit more expensive). Plus the size is taller and thinner than the Anvil which means I can fit a the SS Brewtech and a keg in the kegerator/fermenting chamber at the same time. Again, personal preference.

Back