Omega yeast?

Josh Hughes

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Seen a daily deal online that omega yeast was on sale so I got a few. Anyone used before?

I got:
British Ale I (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1098/White Labs 007]
British Ale V (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1318)
British ale VIII (Supposed to be Fullers)
Irish Ale (supposed to be equivalent to Imperial Darkness/White labs 004/Wyeast 1084)
Scottish Ale (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1728/Imperial Tartan)

Yeah Omega is the best liquid company in my eyes. Constantly coming up with new strains; hybrids and GMOs. Very transparent about their research efforts. Lots of swag and merch available; tshirts, stickers, strain catalog posters. Propper starter is made by Omega. Backend stuff for homebrew shops is great too, their ordering system is really easy to use and customer service has been great. When I first registered an account with them they offered to come in town and do a whole yeast presentation, to which I said, of course. Their co-owner came down like two months later and gave an awesome talk about Kveik and some other cool yeast research. https://brewstock.com/chartsandtools/omegayeastpresentation/

Yeah Omega is the best liquid company in my eyes. Constantly coming up with new strains; hybrids and GMOs. Very transparent about their research efforts. Lots of swag and merch available; tshirts, stickers, strain catalog posters. Propper starter is made by Omega.

I noticed that on my last stop into the lhbs. I figured they were just a new line to Maryland Home Brew and all that was part of a promo for market share against Imperial who just opened an easy coast shop up the road in Philadelphia.

I noticed that on my last stop into the lhbs. I figured they were just a new line to Maryland Home Brew and all that was part of a promo for market share against Imperial who just opened an easy coast shop up the road in Philadelphia.
Back in January of 2019 I was weighing between Imperial and Omega. Imperial had really sexy branding and double pitch counts, but they were charging double the price of Omega, White Labs, and Wyeast, and Imperial told me their yeast only had a shelf life in the fridge of 3 months, HALF of the other big 3 liquid companies. Plus they had no exclusive strains that I couldn't get from White Labs or Wyeast, while Omega was putting out exclusive Brett Blends, Lacto Blend, Hybrid strains, and also Kveik was really getting popular, Omega offered 3 kveiks year round at the time, Imperial only offered 1 kveik at the time and it was seasonal.

Plus now, regarding price and amount of yeast, 1 pack of Imperial is still more expensive that 2 packs of Omega or 1 pack of Omega and a Propper starter... Even more, Omega is now adding 50% more yeast to each pack, and I only had to adjust my price $0.25 higher than I usually sell Omega. It's a no brainer between the two from a business standpoint.

Good to know, I like Escarpment cause they're Canadian but Omega is where i got my first Kveik strains.

Seen a daily deal online that omega yeast was on sale so I got a few. Anyone used before?

I got:
British Ale I (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1098/White Labs 007]
British Ale V (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1318)
British ale VIII (Supposed to be Fullers)
Irish Ale (supposed to be equivalent to Imperial Darkness/White labs 004/Wyeast 1084)
Scottish Ale (Supposed to be equivalent to Wyeast 1728/Imperial Tartan)
Omega is all I buy and use from my LBS

Back