Apple Cinnamon Ale

cearum

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm working on making an Apple Cinnamon Ale for a halloween party, and I'd like any feedback on the recipe. I don't remember the original recipe, but I altered it a bit from that anyway.

I'm thinking a malty, spicy, appley flavor.

I'm looking for notes on grain choices, balance of the flavors, and spice additions (including amounts and addition timing).

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/277895/apple-cinnamon-ale

just a quick look through, but i'd recommend dropping the crystal 120 and molasses. i don't think they'll give you the flavors you're looking for

It would be easy enough to add the molasses to the primary if I think it's lacking in that way.

I think the vienna, biscuit, and honey malts would give a nice apple pie crust flavor in there too.

No experience with bullion hops, what are they like? Also, what kind of juice are you using? No preservatives right?

the 120 will just add color, the molasses will ferment so the beer will be higher in alcohol and leave a slightly rich overtone and the over all impression would be its a sweet beer to begin with pared with the Apple Juice and spices its going to be a good desert or holiday beer

Yeah, it'll be preservative free; it's apple season around here and it's super easy (and sometimes cheap) to get. The frozen stuff doesn't need to be preservative free because it's just going into the keg. That's just to add some of the apple flavor (and sweetness) back in if it's too mild.

I have no experience with Bullion, but on a quick check it's suppose to be a decent bittering hop. I can't imagine I'd even taste it in this beer.

I wasn't able to try it, so any feedback would be amazing. Was it missing something in the flavor? If I could get closer on my first try I would be happier.

Thanks!

Back