What are you doing with homebrew today?

It is in the fermenter, should come out to 6.8%, just going to let it chug away in the warm garage (VOSS). To be honest, I should not have done this today, my back is not good now. The guys did most of grunt work, but there are so many little tasks that just aren't easily explained. Oh wello_O
20210725_163411.jpg

It is in the fermenter, should come out to 6.8%, just going to let it chug away in the warm garage (VOSS). To be honest, I should not have done this today, my back is not good now. The guys did most of grunt work, but there are so many little tasks that just aren't easily explained. Oh wello_O
View attachment 16783
Time for a hot Epsom soak, lavender is optional :)

Washed the backlog of bottles, then cleaned/sanitized a keg...long as I had a fresh sanitized keg, I kegged the Irish Red. Washed the milker bucket(next time I use the one with a spigot). Now to grab the tools and head off for tropical southern Minnesota for the week(things to see concrete to pour)...

Once I get back from taking Sophie to her eye/vision appointment/screening, going to kindergarten:( I’ll transfer the Marzen to a serving keg.

Last edited:
Once I get back from taking Sophie to her eye/vision appointment/screening, going to kindergarten:( I’ll transfer the Marzen to a serving keg.
Ahhhh, our little Sophie is growing up!!!
Before you know it she will be off to College/University!!!
My Son (step actually) did 6 years of University and has been teaching for two years now.
Daughter (step actually) is off to North Bay at the end of next month for Teachers College after a 4 year under grad.
My Son is going into 4th year University
My Daughter is going to college for Firefighting. I remember when she was 4, she got a build your own birdhouse for her birthday. I thought oh boy, this is not going to go well... after a few minutes I realized that I just had to show her what went where!!

More like 3 Alieve and a bomber of homebrew....at least you'll sleep well!
It was a rough night, and so far a rough morning.
I have unfortunately undone the progress I made, need to focus hard on the rehab this week:confused:

On the bright side, the brew was ripping pretty good after a couple of hours, added first dry addition before bed, will add the second dry addition this evening.
ABV above was a typo, it should come out around 5.8%, not 6.8%.

Ahhhh, our little Sophie is growing up!!!
Before you know it she will be off to College/University!!!
My Son (step actually) did 6 years of University and has been teaching for two years now.
Daughter (step actually) is off to North Bay at the end of next month for Teachers College after a 4 year under grad.
My Son is going into 4th year University
My Daughter is going to college for Firefighting. I remember when she was 4, she got a build your own birdhouse for her birthday. I thought oh boy, this is not going to go well... after a few minutes I realized that I just had to show her what went where!!
Appointment went great. Sounds like you have taught your kids well! Sophie also loves putting things together. She helped with her Barbie Jeep yesterday. Unfortunately mosquitoes were quite bad so she got a few bad bites in the process. Today hopefully she can drive it around the yard

Appointment went great. Sounds like you have taught your kids well! Sophie also loves putting things together. She helped with her Barbie Jeep yesterday. Unfortunately mosquitoes were quite bad so she got a few bad bites in the process. Today hopefully she can drive it around the yard
My youngest is going into kindergarten too. Gary seems to prefer destroying things to putting them together though…probably why I’ve been getting more gray hair..

Tasted the first carbonated sample of the Citra session from one of the PET bottles. Nice citrusy aroma, definite bitterness that lingers, and surprisingly on the sweet side. Needs more carbonation, I also think a little carbonic bite will help balance it out. Even after 24 hours in the fridge I cannot get the Voss kveik to stay flocced, it's very wispy at the bottom of the bottle. Pictures next time!

Packing up a 6 pack to take on a family vacation to the beach! It's only been in the bottle a little over a week, so I'll let it finish conditioning there and put it in the fridge for the family to try :) fingers crossed I didn't botch the whole batch during packaging. Also looking forward to the zoom meeting tomorrow with y'all :) I've got a whole case of my favorite beers from my current favorite brewery here in Richmond. Cheers!

Today, not much. But tomorrow, I'll be busy:

Brewing the Q3 community brew (the smoked wheat is here!), then packaging some of the Basement IPA tribute for an upcoming road trip, and closing out the day with a Zoom call with y'all... Got some man-pee and the last of the dark Hefeweitzen to finish off.

Back