Brew Timer

Josh (Brewer's Friend) said:
Thanks for reporting Jeff. So far our only idea on this is that you might be running out of memory on your phone. We're working on another update that will preserve timers and data even if the app crashes, but this will take some time.

Has this issue been fixed? I would like to download the app but not going to pay $9 for something that doesn't work right.

Ryan has been working on it. I have just asked him for an update.

I see a new version of the app is posted. I'll try the timer on my next brew, and let you know how it goes.

Please do! The timer issue should be corrected but if it's not, or there's another issue please post here and I will get it taken care of.

I won't know for a week or two when I brew again.

I understand.

I sent a bunch of contacts out and never heard back, so if anyone reading this is still having issues post update let me know.

I will take one for the team and brew up a batch this coming week!

I did a dry run on a brew session. The timers crashed, still.

Can you let us know what device you have, what version of android, and what recipe you were using. Thanks, there are hundreds of device/OS combos and billions of variable combinations in a recipe, we have not had many reports of crashing so this will help us narrow it down. If you know how to pull a log cat that would help tremendously.

Ryan

I use an iPhone 6 Plus running 8.4.1. I was using one of my own recipes. It happens in every recipe I try. Tell me how to pull that log at and I will, provided I don't need to install any apps to do it.

I used the app timer for the first time in a long time today. It did not fail me. It was running every time I went back to the app.

Attachments

• 41a618EV7WL._SY90_.jpg
    41a618EV7WL._SY90_.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 6,265
I already have a timer. One free with every iPhone.

Today the timer failed me. As many times as it's happened to me, I can't believe it never appears to be stopped for other users as well. Unless few people are using the app's timer.

Hi,
First time looking at the forum. Jeff, you have a kindred spirit. I'm having the same occasional issue. Every other brew or so it seems. Like Jeff said, it's after leaving the app and returning to it after an unknown duration the timers reset. It's quite frustrating. Also running iPhone 6 plus with latest ios firmware.

I gotta believe that nearly no one is using the iPhone Brewersfriend app timer. It's not reliable at all. Most of my recipes are fairly simple, so I just use my iPhone timer and do my own thinking. I would prefer to use the app timer, but I can't trust it. It will give a single notification alert even when it stops running in the app, but I don't want to risk missing a step. It'd be nice if the timer worked, since it is part of the app.

cache, sleep timer and java refresh built into the phone could be the issue, I had an i phone for years and that was an issue for me with all apps. the only app that worked flawlessly was Pandora and some games, I guess they had that figured out

Back