Co2 and Nitro

Sebrina

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I set up a dual zone kegerator that holds four kegs. I have my co2 line going into the two different sides which doesnt allow me to have different psi within that particular side. Right now I have or am brewing English Bitter Pale Ale, Anchor Steam Porter, Dry Irish Stout and the Noche Buena by Modelo (dark lager).
Do I need to set up one side of the kegerator with a nitrogen tank, etc set up? I want to have the stout and porter taste as it should.

I keep learning about how little I know! Help!
Thanks.
Sebrina

How little we all know...
Looks like I can use my taprite regulator but should get a stout spout as it goes in 2 directions for specific reasons. Now to find who does nitro. I am hoping the place that does my co2 has nitro

I know cee kay gases does. They do nitrogen and co2/nitro mix

I wouldn't move to the nitrogen for your stouts until you're completely comfortable with the CO2 process. 95% of the stouts and 100% of the porters I've had used CO2. I've had my kegerator 2-3 years and I'm still getting around to putting the nitrogen line in. Hopefully this year sometime. I'm only planning to use the nitro on some of my higher ABV stouts and IPAs.

I'd buy the stout faucet and try it with that and CO2 as a starting point.
You can always add the nitro, but you would have to carbonate the beers you plan on pushing with it to a lower volume of pressure.
I've done it both ways and had good results, but it might just be splitting hairs in the end.
Good luck
Brian

Back