What are you doing with homebrew today?

Went to my new LHBS for the first time! They ground the specialty grains for me and had everything on my list at about the same price that MoreBeer did. And there's a brewery attached to the shop, so now I'm sitting at a bar imbibing :D pretty great outing
My lhbs (Windsor) has 10 rotating taps, and a very chill vibe. And just across the street from Windsor is Bottle Logic Brewing. Often the brewers from Bottle Logic can be found enjoying beers at Windsor.

My lhbs (Windsor) has 10 rotating taps, and a very chill vibe. And just across the street from Windsor is Bottle Logic Brewing. Often the brewers from Bottle Logic can be found enjoying beers at Windsor.
Your a lucky man herm some of us can only dream of such a thing!

Brewing my witbier and just some last minute second guessing. Is .25 oz each of orange zest and coriander really enough for a 5 gallon batch or should I add more?

I used a lot more than that personally. Like 60g of each.

About 9 points from FG letting fermenter warm up.

Brewing my witbier and just some last minute second guessing. Is .25 oz each of orange zest and coriander really enough for a 5 gallon batch or should I add more?
So after adding the orange zest and coriander the wort had a slight "fruity pebbles" aroma and taste which is interesting but think it'll come out. However this is the second batch in a row that I was way under on my efficiency and OG something that hasn't really happened before. The last batch was malted wheat which I milled (maybe not enough?) But this one was flaked wheat. I didn't figure I'd have any problem on the crush with the Pilsen malt. Am I missing something?

Still in a cooler in quarantine. I am scared. Very very scared.

I ventured to the dark side and opened one of the test batch bottles. Ignored the funny bubbles and “krausen” on top. A brief gusher - very carbonated.
Very sweet. Not as much chocolate and vanilla as I had expected.

It is growing on me though, along with a horn in the middle of my forehead.

Looking at the date on my last brew, May 14th, coming up on two months:(
I just can't physically do it until my sacroiliac heals up.

Here is what/where the sacroiliac joint is, there isn't much you can do to rest it, lying down (yes sleeping) is the worst, at least when you go to get up again. We just went and bought a new $6000 bed with remote control so I can sleep on my back, side sleeping is the worst.
I do some stretching exercises, and have a number of exercises that strengthen the muscles around the joint.
upload_2021-7-10_16-17-37.png

Looking at the date on my last brew, May 14th, coming up on two months:(
I just can't physically do it until my sacroiliac heals up.

Here is what/where the sacroiliac joint is, there isn't much you can do to rest it, lying down (yes sleeping) is the worst, at least when you go to get up again. We just went and bought a new $6000 bed with remote control so I can sleep on my back, side sleeping is the worst.
I do some stretching exercises, and have a number of exercises that strengthen the muscles around the joint.
View attachment 16548
Craig I'm so sorry :( Good for you for taking the time to rest and heal, thats one of my biggest difficulties with healing my back. Surely doing SOMETHING is better than doing nothing, but it turns out that thought process only leads to pain and more recovery :( hang in there, friend. Sending you good thoughts and hopes for delicious craft brews

Craig I'm so sorry :( Good for you for taking the time to rest and heal, thats one of my biggest difficulties with healing my back. Surely doing SOMETHING is better than doing nothing, but it turns out that thought process only leads to pain and more recovery :( hang in there, friend. Sending you good thoughts and hopes for delicious craft brews
Thanks, I am living vicariously through all of the brewing going on here, and have been enjoying some really good commercial brews too.
I do have two kegs that are must be close to kicking, but it will be a sad day when they do.

Well you do have two sons your the head brewer I'm sure a bit of pointing and directions could help them help you brew;);).

Bloody Nora Craig how on earth did you do that injury to yourself deep down there In your pelvis. Thank God for modern science and medicine hopefully you'll be back pain free and sleeping In comfort soon.

It kind of came on slowly, it is the result of inactivity, and weight gain, I blame COVID. More accurately, I blame it on the lazy ass I have become over the course of this pandemic. Last summer I struggled with plantar faciaitis. This year, I am not only a pain the ass, but I also have a pain in my ass!

It kind of came on slowly, it is the result of inactivity, and weight gain, I blame COVID. More accurately, I blame it on the lazy ass I have become over the course of this pandemic. Last summer I struggled with plantar faciaitis. This year, I am not only a pain the ass, but I also have a pain in my ass!
Sorry to hear that. It’ll be fun pulling it together and getting yourself in gear.

In the meantime, maybe medical marijuana to help with the pain?? ;)

@Craigerrr
Sorry you are going through that turmoil! Hoping your road to recovery is smooth and all goes well with your PT.

Back