What are you doing with homebrew today?

Just turned a beer in 15 days, never been anywhere CLOSE to that before. My latest IPA was rocking out so hard the day after I pitched it that I went ahead and dry hopped on day 2, kegged and fined on day 8(82% attenuation) put it on 15 psi at 34 degrees. Pulled a sample today, WOW!!! This is hands down my best IPA.

Also pulled samples of Shady Bohemian Light(Czech Pale) and Shady Bohemian(Czech Dark). The pale is ready, very nice actually, but the dark is a week out or so.

Also ordered malt for 3 gallons of the Q3 brew by @Nosybear, my first attempt at a wheat beer. Looks very interesting, should be a great summer beer.

Still in a holding pattern over here waiting for an opportunity to brew. Got the go ahead to brew while my sister and her family are on vacation, but their trip was delayed because my mom is in town visiting us and ended up going to the ER a couple nights ago :oops: she seems to be through the worst of it, but it's definitely a scary situation. She's 74 years young and stubborn as a stuck mash, and seems fully confident she'll be back and playing with the grand kids in no time :D maybe in a few more days I'll share her optimism. Her flight back home to the PNW is delayed for the time being so maybe she'll get to brew with me in a couple weeks :)

Still in a holding pattern over here waiting for an opportunity to brew. Got the go ahead to brew while my sister and her family are on vacation, but their trip was delayed because my mom is in town visiting us and ended up going to the ER a couple nights ago :oops: she seems to be through the worst of it, but it's definitely a scary situation. She's 74 years young and stubborn as a stuck mash, and seems fully confident she'll be back and playing with the grand kids in no time :D maybe in a few more days I'll share her optimism. Her flight back home to the PNW is delayed for the time being so maybe she'll get to brew with me in a couple weeks :)
Thoughts and prayers

Ah she's got a good attitude though maybe the apple don't fall far from the tree;). I hope she's back to normal soon

Got lazy the other day, so the Irish Red went into 8 bottles today to take to NY in a couple weeks and the rest in the keg.
20210629_200504.jpg

Thanks Herm! I make 'em custom!

Naaa....These we my answer to labels. Simple, cheap, quick and a great use for a dollop of left over paint! The stamps were like $5 on Amazon...search Decora Stamps
Nice creative touch!
And now, looking closer at your picture, it appears you have kind of lined up the caps, in a general sense. I like that - organized chaos.
Oh yes, one more edit - I like it as a label because it doesn’t require any extraneous bottle cleaning.

Last edited:
TASTY Sounding Drink let us know how this one goes on its final transfer to the belly:).
So… this never got down to final gravity target, but I bottled anyway. Figured (rationalized) the calculator didn’t adjust for lactose not fully fermenting. Added new yeast just to be sure to get the bottles conditioned. Now, for the first time ever, I’ve got Krausen inside my bottles! Perhaps my yeast ran out of gas and now I’ve got bottle bombs in the making? Yikes. Fridge time?

Won't hurt, you can put them in a rubbermaid tote and put the lid on to be safe.

Back