Beverage Air Dual Zone Kegerator (DZ24)

Sebrina

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to keg today. Got my co2 tank filled, Came home to set it up with the new kegerator and low and behold, it is saying to put the co2 tank inside on the shelf they provide. They even have the tubing for the co2 tank. This is all maddening as I have a 5 lb tank and with this the way it is i now have to buy 2 2.5 lb tanks. My taprite regulators are for four taps. THey will not fit in this already tight dual zone kegerator. I read somewhere that once in place there are holes that can be opened, etc. However, I do see a couple of possibilities but there are no openings in back of kegerator. I cannot find anywhere for the tubing to come out. Does anyone know anything about these kegerators? It is quite frustrating not to be able to do this. I do not want to open any thing that looks possible unless I know where it goes.
If you are familiar, please help!
THanks.
Sebrina

Sorry, no experience.

But, CO2 tanks and regulators are ideally not kept cold. Condensation can damage them. If you can find a way to run a hose (or hoses) from outside that solves a bunch of problems. Poke around. Find a place for a hole.

Hmmmm, brand new unit, I wouldn't want to void the warranty by drilling a hole in it.
I would suggest contacting the manufacturer, maybe there is a designated spot for passing the gas line through.

I have had the same regulator inside my kegerator for more than 8 years with no problems.

If youcan't find a hole for the gas line. Maybe drill a hole in the tower and go in that way?

I also agree on keeping the co2 tank and reg out of the fridge, even if they do fit. Cold reduces co2 pressure. Maybe not enough to effect a beer line though :confused:

Hmmmm, brand new unit, I wouldn't want to void the warranty by drilling a hole in it.
I would suggest contacting the manufacturer, maybe there is a designated spot for passing the gas line through.
I agree. I am having to wait until Monday. I will crash the beer in the fermenter to make sure all yeast falls away in hopes I can get some answers. I am finding I don't really need different temps with beer as best to keep it all cold, let it warm up outside the keg. There is just nothing on the outside to show where tubing can go. On the inside there are a couple of possibilities. It is almost as if they did not finish.
Thanks everyone. I will call them tomorrow and the company locally I got this from. I just got it so I will return it if it doesn't have these features. The inside is just too crowded to have all that in there. I don't want it so messy either. haha

I have had the same regulator inside my kegerator for more than 8 years with no problems.
I am not against it but that was not my plan. And my whole bar area is set up so the regulators and tank sit where I can monitor very easily. I am a bit disappointed in this kegerator. Very expensive but I feel it is not very expensive looking or built.

Inside or out has no ill effects. The only difference it makes is space and aesthetics. My dad's keggerator is set up for outside, mine was setup for inside.... My keezer has always had the tank inside. I keep it inside my upright freezer at 33 degrees all time while lagering. Never an issue.

I understand for you - it is a space concern. I just wanted you to know it won't hurt anything to be inside.

I'd return the keggerator and make a keezer - lots more room and way easier than I ever thought it would be. Honestly, I wish I had never wasted the money spent on a keggerator and instead started with a chest freezer to convert to a keezer. There are plenty of videos to teach you to make the collar - which you could drill a hole in to keep the co2 tank outside the unit if that is what you truly desire.

Good luck!

I agree Black muse I've done the same in my keezer as I use a font and havnt made a collar for it. But if in had my time again if mount it outside just for ease of reading adjusting ect ECT.

Sabrina I cannot imagine this "keggerator" your talking about doesnt have a gas in line at the Exy price you alluded too.

Kegking and kegland in Aus do keggerators with internal or external gas mount options with the latter the more go to.

As @Craigerrr said you best get some install advice before continuing on.

Last edited:
Inside or out has no ill effects. The only difference it makes is space and aesthetics. My dad's keggerator is set up for outside, mine was setup for inside.... My keezer has always had the tank inside. I keep it inside my upright freezer at 33 degrees all time while lagering. Never an issue.

I understand for you - it is a space concern. I just wanted you to know it won't hurt anything to be inside.

I'd return the keggerator and make a keezer - lots more room and way easier than I ever thought it would be. Honestly, I wish I had never wasted the money spent on a keggerator and instead started with a chest freezer to convert to a keezer. There are plenty of videos to teach you to make the collar - which you could drill a hole in to keep the co2 tank outside the unit if that is what you truly desire.

Good luck!
haha. I wish! Actually, the kegerator is going in my home bar and everything is being built in according to the size. House is under construction and I love to share beer. Thanks for your reply.

Keep in mind on a keezer you have to lift the kegs in and out which can be a factor. Also if it's going in a home bar you probably don't want to have to open the lid every time you swap a keg.

I had a look at these yesterday pretty spiffy looking i even checked out the instruction manual online it pretty much breezed over the gas connection instructions there was pretty much F all in the Manual. It was more about the fridge design and setting the temp controller.

I understand why your a little annoyed Sabrina.

Hey I did see a brass looking nut on the back right side of the keggerator yours got one?
I'm imagining that's gotta be a co2 fitting.

I had a look at these yesterday pretty spiffy looking i even checked out the instruction manual online it pretty much breezed over the gas connection instructions there was pretty much F all in the Manual. It was more about the fridge design and setting the temp controller.

I understand why your a little annoyed Sabrina.

Hey I did see a brass looking nut on the back right side of the keggerator yours got one?
I'm imagining that's gotta be a co2 fitting.

Mine doesn't have holes. I have hired someone to come in and they are going to drill the holes and set it all up for me with the four kegs, etc. The tubing that is in the fridge needs to come out as well so I have room or he has to make it so it is easy to maneuver. I could have gotten a four keg single zone with more room and the holes for the co2. But I had to be fancy. Sounds like I dont need dual zones and basically that is what I paid for. That said, if folks did want their dark beer a little warmer than the lagers at my parties, I can up the temp on one side. BUt otherwise, it is NOT needed.

With the dual zone, I wonder if you could cold crash on one side?

With the dual zone, I wonder if you could cold crash on one side?
That is actually a great idea. But truth is both sides will be low. But you mean cold crash without using pressure?

That is actually a great idea. But truth is both sides will be low. But you mean cold crash without using pressure?
Cold crash and carbonate at the same time. This is my new process, I use a floating dip tube so I don't get that glass of sludge on the first pour. Gets in your glass a few days sooner!

Cold crash and carbonate at the same time. This is my new process, I use a floating dip tube so I don't get that glass of sludge on the first pour. Gets in your glass a few days sooner!
I will do that. I have a pressure transfer that allows for transfer from the top. I am definitely going to use that method. I think I will cold crash in fermenter just to get the yeast to drop. This first batch was a bit messy and it had tons of trub. The 2nd batch is almost too clean. But will cold crash it for a few days before tranferring to keg. I will let it cont to ferment in keg for a month or so. But will try it as it ages. It is a porter

Back