What did you get delivered today

PT100 probe...Smart PID...

I love when you guys post pictures of things that I have absolutely no clue as to what they are! :)
I think the most technical thing I own is my whisk. :p
I feel your pain lol
Smart PID is just a web enabled temp controller. Does allot more than as n stc-1000 but ultimately it controls temp

I received a hydrometer.
So now I can upgrade my primitive cider to "slightly less primitive cider" ;)
It will be interesting to see what start and final gravity have been ...

Yesterday I received 10 lbs of Dingemann Belgian Pils, 10 lbs Mecca Grade Lamonta Pale malt and a new 2.5 gal keg.

Anyone tried this Mecca Grade Laminta Pils?

I received a hydrometer.
So now I can upgrade my primitive cider to "slightly less primitive cider" ;)
It will be interesting to see what start and final gravity have been ...
It ain't gonna happen :(
I took it out of it's protective box and it is broken.
Gotta find me another one

Yeah....
Sofar no response from the seller.
I'm still in Europe, so will have to fork out for another one. But I think I will pick it up from a shop.

That would be the easiest thing to do if you're able.

OMG - not a delivery, as I picked it up myself from lhbs (Windsor). So today I went to lhbs to pick up grains, Belgian Candi Syrup, hops and yeast to brew my version of @AHarper ’s Mannequin Pees. I came home with those items, plus a new spigot for my FerMonster, an Erlenmeyer flask and a stir plate to make yeast starters. Because there were not any suitable dry yeasts available, I bought my first packet of fresh yeast, WLP500 - the last one in the shop. So tonight I will be building a starter for the first time, to use on Monday. Wish me luck.

So tonight I will be building a starter for the first time, to use on Monday. Wish me luck.
Luck will be good, guaranteed.

Remember, liquid yeast needs oxygen at pitch.

Last edited:
That'll do.

Even just letting the wort drop a foot or two from the hose into the fermenter is enough.

Yep shake or the pour will work fine like @Donoroto says.
For me go grain delivered for my run at German beers and a keg cleaner. I want to thank ACT for this purchase :)
image.jpg

That'll do.

Even just letting the wort drop a foot or two from the hose into the fermenter is enough.
The shake is part of my brew day workout, at least it was when I was fermenting in 1-gallon glass carboys. Now the hose drop is my method. However, since I’ll be doing my first starter with this batch, I will make sure to aerate sufficiently - I can do that.

The shake is part of my brew day workout, at least it was when I was fermenting in 1-gallon glass carboys. Now the hose drop is my method. However, since I’ll be doing my first starter with this batch, I will make sure to aerate sufficiently - I can do that.
I've never had a problem with just a pour for liquid yeast. I used to pour directly into a bucket from the kettle, now I pour through a funnel with a mesh screen. I just don't really have the desire to pick up a 5 gallon fermenter and shake it

Back