I visited a brewery today!

I think we are on the mend..about 40 miles as the crow flies outside of DC..if you look close, that dark spot on the horizon is NOVA Northern Virginia

20210531_134037.jpg
20210531_132039.jpg

image.jpg
Bottle Logic Brewing is right across the street from my lhbs (Windsor Homebrew Supply), and both are very convenient to my work. My wife agreed to meet me after work for beers and a snack. This brewery makes some great beer. I’m enjoying Wisdom Check IPA (left) while my wife drinks (714)Blonde - an ale referring to our local phone area code.

View attachment 16061 Bottle Logic Brewing is right across the street from my lhbs (Windsor Homebrew Supply), and both are very convenient to my work. My wife agreed to meet me after work for beers and a snack. This brewery makes some great beer. I’m enjoying Wisdom Check IPA (left) while my wife drinks (714)Blonde - an ale referring to our local phone area code.
Nice looking beers!
And I love the greens on top of a big serving of cheese fries. That gets categorized as health food in my book.

Weathered Souls Brewing in San Antonio Texas. Good beers, I liked their lighter offerings. Worth a stop if you're in SA...
20210614_161816.jpg

I really liked their Pilsner, their IPA and their Berliner Weiss.

Weathered Souls Brewing in San Antonio Texas. Good beers, I liked their lighter offerings. Worth a stop if you're in SA...View attachment 16215
I really liked their Pilsner, their IPA and their Berliner Weiss.
Very nice! Their head brewer created the Black is Beautiful stout, IIRC. And he was just elected to the BA board!

Today I visited Pro Re Nata brewing in Crozet, VA. I would love to show you pictures but my phone screen died while we were there :( The venue was beautiful and we had a great time tho! My favorite beer was their Dortmund Export called Doctor's Orders. I will share the photos after I get my phone fixed :oops:

Got my phone fixed, here are the photos from the aforementioned brewery. Best beer on tap was a Dortmund Export:

20210619_132215.jpg

They had a huge outdoor area with a stage and this awesome building made from cargo containers
20210619_122516.jpg

Got my phone fixed, here are the photos from the aforementioned brewery. Best beer on tap was a Dortmund Export:

View attachment 16307

They had a huge outdoor area with a stage and this awesome building made from cargo containers
View attachment 16308
That looks really cool. Years ago, my wife visited Australia and found a nice bar in a cargo container.

Curran Brewing - Madison Twp PA

Ok. I’ve been to a lot of cool breweries with all kinds of fancy equipment, but this might have been the most fun I’ve had at a brewery ever. Very small brewery that if you ever wondered what the next step up from homebrewing is, well here you go. Equipment salvaged from army surplus, US-05 as the house yeast, all ales on tap, a bit of an issue balancing the tap lines, hours of operation are Fridays only 4-9. But it was glorious. All of the beers were good to great, the owners/workers were beyond welcoming and the location was picturesque. If I was a true photographer I would have captured the eagle that flew over the lake.

The tap list:

82AE536D-A484-40F0-A353-09EAE3DBF123.jpeg

My flight: Pale Ale, Wheat, Porter, English Pale
D3181529-6FB3-4C7A-BE64-6502C45621A5.jpeg

The brewery:
909CD3B5-8FF1-4337-8619-948CD4AD4B03.jpeg

The view:
669FAA47-C93E-4328-A8D7-693B361639C9.jpeg

B3527AAE-3250-42B6-BC3C-4E86AC508AE0.jpeg

Back