Mecca Grade Estate Malts

AGbrewer

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got these bad boys in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to try them. They did an awesome job packing them, used Coffee bags to keep them fresh, great idea!

Any advice on the first beer to brew with these malts?

20210608_070659.jpg
20210608_070754.jpg

Can I assume that they are growing and malting on the same property?
We have a huge wine region in Southern Ontario.
Wineries here are only allowed to call themselves "Estate Wineries" if they grow the grapes and make the wine on the same property.

I've switched probably 90% of my recipes over to Mecca.

Brulosophy use their malts regularly I see.
They use that venora Vienna malt in there hop test pale ale I think it's at around 18% rest meca pale ale malt.

I don't brew beer in your weight devision there AGbrewer but I can see some lovely imperial porters/stouts on your horizons with them chewy malts.

I see why you want for them good luck

Brulosophy use their malts regularly I see.
They use that venora Vienna malt in there hop test pale ale I think it's at around 18% rest meca pale ale malt.

I don't brew beer in your weight devision there AGbrewer but I can see some lovely imperial porters/stouts on your horizons with them chewy malts.

I see why you want for them good luck

I'm thinking that the next 50 pound bag of base malt I get will be from them...even if I have to eat the shipping cost!:D

I refuse to pay $35 for shipping.
I have switched to Patagonia Pale Malt, partly because the price is right, but I am also really happy with the results.
It is very similar to Maris Otter.
What does this have to do with $35 for shipping you ask?
The 4 sack price is $40CDN ($33USD), my buddy and I get two each at a time, I just need to drive 20 minutes to pick it up.

I'm so spoiled.

"Shipping? Never heard of it? What is that?"

I just spend gas money and no state tax on grain because it is a food product.

Feel free to hate on me. I would too.

Back