It stopped

west1m

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
One of the few times I don't follow a recipe or use an NB kit I seem to have a stubborn brew. My Fridge Cleaner mashed, brewed and cooled just great. Started fermenting at 1.050 dropped to 1.035 then just seems to sit there, waiting... starring at me ... taunting me.

One of the first I have brewed without spilling hot wort all over the floor. Is It just feeling left out?

I used an assortment of grains left over , should be Amber Ale ish. With Nottingham yeast started @ 60 degrees. I bumped it up a couple to see what happens. Ill give it a big slosh later if nothing changes and or a new package of 05.

Check your hydrometer to make sure it reads 1.000 in plain water (don't use a refractometer for this), before doing anything else. Sometimes that paper slips down.

Thanks @Yooper , I'll give it a check . I have a Tilt in it ( which I think is the greatest thing since sliced bread) but in fact it has not been much of a fermentation. Very little bubble activity , just not much going on.

It's the taunting that's so hard to take.

Warm it a bit too when you slosh.

Thanks @Yooper , I'll give it a check . I have a Tilt in it ( which I think is the greatest thing since sliced bread) but in fact it has not been much of a fermentation. Very little bubble activity , just not much going on.

You could have some krausen stuck to the Tilt, causing the reading to be off. Check that first to ensure that’s not the issue, and resanitize it and put it back in!

All it took was a couple degrees and a quart of patience and it al came around.
The Nottingham seems to take off better at 62°F

Back