What do you like to eat with your beer?

Cian

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just a thread for people to post and recieve new ideas. For me, I like to have a pint of Dunkelweizen and BBQ crisps.

There are definitely some meals I find hard to even imagine, let alone eat, without beer.
Absolute top of the list is Weißwürste though!
I know I don't live in Bavaria, but you can still get them here (Saxony), and they are to only be eaten with pretzels, the proper mustard and washed down with Weizenbier!

I don't eat anything while I'm drinking unless I just need to sober up then I eat Cheese sometimes ham, anything with protein in it, but I have been known to down a bag kettle chips with the first 2 beers, mostly jalapeño

Yesterday I introduced a friend to my homebrew and my home made jerky. That's a nice combination!

jeffpn said:
Yesterday I introduced a friend to my homebrew and my home made jerky. That's a nice combination!
I really wish I could get jerky in Ireland. I've had it a couple of times though I think it was elk jerkey. I'm not too sure.

If jerky was hard to make, I wouldn't do it! :)

sbaclimber said:
There are definitely some meals I find hard to even imagine, let alone eat, without beer.
I know I don't live in Bavaria, but you can still get them here (Saxony), and they are to only be eaten with pretzels, the proper mustard and washed down with Weizenbier!

My brewing career got started with just such a meal. We were visiting my wife's stepfather's family in Bavaria, Heinz offered us a second breakfast. So we had the option of Weizen but chose Kloster Weltenberger's Barock Dunkel (her) and Anno 1050 (me). As we were leaving town, my wife asked me if I started brewing, could I brew the Schwarzbier. It must have been destiny.

Next brew is version 5 of the schwarzbier recipe....

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
I don't eat anything while I'm drinking unless I just need to sober up then I eat Cheese sometimes ham, anything with protein in it, but I have been known to down a bag kettle chips with the first 2 beers, mostly jalapeño

Some horizon expanding definitely in order.... Try a Weizen with Thai food, a Saison with ripened cheese, a good solid brown with pork chops or fried chicken.... Mouth is watering just thinking about some of the beer and food pairings possible. I've even done a chipotle pepper beer for serving alongside of Cajun food!

Banoffee pie with any stout. I usually have a pint of Murphy's with it because it has more toffee than Guinness I find and the toffee also goes well with the toffee in the pie

Nosybear said:
...a Saison with ripened cheese...
Mmmm, yeah, that is an awesome combination!
Now that you mention cheese, nice dark bread (w/ cheese and smoked meats of course) come to mind. :lol:
A dark-ish beer (Bavarian wheat, Czech or Frankonian come to mind) with some dark heavy bread and meats and cheese(s) is to die for!

Nosybear said:
sbaclimber said:

My brewing career got started with just such a meal. We were visiting my wife's stepfather's family in Bavaria, Heinz offered us a second breakfast. So we had the option of Weizen but chose Kloster Weltenberger's Barock Dunkel (her) and Anno 1050 (me). As we were leaving town, my wife asked me if I started brewing, could I brew the Schwarzbier. It must have been destiny.

Next brew is version 5 of the schwarzbier recipe....
Cool!
They brew some really good beers. I particularly liked the Anno 1050 and the Hefe-Weißbier Dunkel myself.

Last year I went to a beer and cheese pairing "dinner". Good stuff for sure. The bitterness of an IPA works well with the soft creaminess of a mild cheddar.

Cian said:
Banoffee pie with any stout. I usually have a pint of Murphy's with it because it has more toffee than Guinness I find and the toffee also goes well with the toffee in the pie

Never heard of that pie. Had to look it up. Wow! I'm going to have to figure out how to get me some. My Wife is from England, but she has never seen or heard of it. She left back in the 80's and came to America, so perhaps she just missed it. I got the stout, just need the pie.

Well if you do find any of the pie or decide to make it tell me how you find it with the beer.

Sour dough pretzels, any hearty all grain bread, sharp cheese, dry sausage, etc.
Crunchy, lots of flavor and or texture.
:mrgreen:
Brian

You can't push away the desire for a good grilled steak with a porter in your hand.

I once had a beer with a bratwurst. Crazy!

Back