Want to try spunding...

This is the keg to be filled: fill line on the right, exhaust on the left. The CO2 regulator is on the keg you are filling from. The pressure in the keg won't last long enough to pressure transfer all of it, you need to add some closer to the end of the process.View attachment 15837

I fill my keg (by gravity) like this but I route the gas post back to the fermenter . If the keg overfills a bit I see it in the tubing right away.
The only thing I do is tahe apart the keg quick disconnect fittings and clean them afterwards as they will grow some interesting gunk inside.

I fill my keg (by gravity) like this but I route the gas post back to the fermenter . If the keg overfills a bit I see it in the tubing right away.
The only thing I do is the apart the keg quick disconnect fittings and clean them afterwards as they will grow some interesting gunk inside.

I have yet to do the gravity from Corney fermenter to corney keg method but plan too. I watched a guy on youtube or read a blog about it somewhere. Looks cool and simple. Completely closed loop and no gas pressure needed just a little time. I believe he also purged the receiving corney from his spunding (blowtie) valve.

Back