I brewed today!

The Brew Mentor said:
MrBIP said:
Krimbos said:
BIPper

Most impressive.

Serious question - who will drink all that brew? I assume we are talking 5gal batches.

And how long do you expect it to last

I am always intrigued by those who brew regularly. Where does it all go???

I drink a lot of beer. :shock:
But mostly pass out a lot of beer.
Have had instances of the beer fridge not being able to accept any more, at that point I just clear it out with mass distribution so I can start once again.
Have never really had anything long enough to find how long it lasts. Longest age on anything about 9 months and that was fine when the last one was consumed.

Is this the start of a new thread? :lol:

I think it's the start of a new thread.... I've had beers last 18 months (bottle conditioned, room temperature storage). Going for two years for some really strong ones. A session beer is generally good 9 months but the last couple are definitely off-peak.

Resurrecting an old thread.

I brewed today!

The last time I brewed was in April. For various reasons I have been out of action on the brewing side, yet still fully functional on the consuming side. I finally got so I could do it again, and brewed a double batch, just to get the fermenters full. An English Mild, and a California Red Ale. I'll worry about getting a lager yeast going next week. For now I gotta get some kegs filled. I currently have five empty, and a couple in the fridge that will soon see their last pint.

Good to back amongst the living!

glad to have you back, an good luck, I know it sucks when you empty kegs, have to wait and wait for beer to finish

That's why I started with a couple of recipes that were small ( one vial, no starter) and had a quick turn around. It also got my English Ale strain and Cal Ale strain of house yeast started, that I will re use many times.

My All Irish Red Ale :D in halfway through boiling now :D :lol:

Will soon be firing up the burner for a Saison. Have to brew it while it's warm enough in the garage to ferment it properly.

Nosybear said:
Will soon be firing up the burner for a Saison. Have to brew it while it's warm enough in the garage to ferment it properly.

...and it's bubbling away nicely as of this morning!

It has been a while for me, I did an Imperial Russian Stout, my first AG. I was on vacation and am going to try it this week.

Jobuzo said:
It has been a while for me, I did an Imperial Russian Stout, my first AG. I was on vacation and am going to try it this week.

awesome, personally, i really liked the control i had when using only grain. however, my setup is pushing the limit at about 12 lbs of grain, so i'd definitely have to use some extract for certain beers (or just cut down on batch size).
little bit late to post, but last weekend we churned out some beers. saturday, my friend and i brewed an english bitter, version 2. then, sunday, my fiance and i bottled a batch of porter, and brewed 2 batches of a wit. very exhausting day, but then I realized I have 20+ gallons of beer waiting in the wings. also, the bubbling sound that 2 buckets and a carboy make is absolute music to my ears

yes making beer can be exhausting especially if your drinking while doing it, most brew days by the time I hit the showers I'm toast

My routine has me carrying my boil pot downstairs to the basement for chilling. I don't drink too much while I brew!

jeffpn said:
My routine has me carrying my boil pot downstairs to the basement for chilling. I don't drink too much while I brew!

While i applaud your safety, i question your efficiency :D

I set up my boil lot in my attached garage, usually. The door into the house is right next to the basement door. It's not a far walk. I hook my chiller up to the laundry tub in the basement. I did chill it outside, once. But it all ends up in the basement anyway.

I haven't brewed in a while for myself. I mainly oversee what's brewed for the shop although an employee brews it.
I brewed 10 gallons of a Kolsch yesterday and all went well. I can't wait for this one to be on at home! 14 days and counting!
Brian

I'm brewing right now, brewing a hoppy ipa, made it before and liked it I guess always have at least 1 on tap

Hoping to brew my first try at a pumpkin ale later today. Friends, bbq, and beer kept me from doing it last night

Back