Multiple iSpindels...

Love Beer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have previously had an iSpindel up and running on my account here, this one died.
As I occasionally have two brew sessions running (a kviek and a "normal" one) I've bought two new iSpindels on the assumption that BrewersFriend would support multiple iSpindel.

Will Brewersfriend support multiple iSpindel?

Do I have to do anything to get brewersfriend to forget the original broken iSpindel?

I'm reasonably confident that I have set up the new iSpindel correctly, I have renamed it iOrange, I can see no trace of it in Brewers Friend however (i.e. nothing new in the drop down when I try and add a device to a Brew Session). Is there a better way to check, its connected? (I've followed the instructions https://docs.brewersfriend.com/devices/ispindel)

I'm using the _sg link if that matters.

If I want to use two iSpindel can I connect 1 down the plato path and the other down the sg path?

Thanks for any info...

Right off to get my mash organised!

Just wanted to add that if I goto https://log.brewersfriend.com/ispindel/ I see a connection from IORANGE though I am sure this is pointing at the _SG varient.

If I navigate to the _SG varient then I get a page not found.

So it seems as if something is happening but not what I expected...

I've pointed a recipe at the iSpindel but no data is coming through to the graph.

@Love Beer, thanks for reaching out!

You should be able to go into your device integrations and remove the old broken device, then add the new ones, but I've sent an email to one of the developers that is more familiar with our device integrations like iSpindel.

Hi,
Thanks for the response, I don't seem to be able to see a method for removing iSpindel no longer in use from my account. In the mean time the new iSpindels have appeared in the drop down, so assuming I can take a feed from two at once then I am good to go.

Is adding new iSpindel to my account so they appear in the drop-down a manual process / does anyone know how long the delay is?

Hi,
Thanks for the response, I don't seem to be able to see a method for removing iSpindel no longer in use from my account. In the mean time the new iSpindels have appeared in the drop down, so assuming I can take a feed from two at once then I am good to go.

Is adding new iSpindel to my account so they appear in the drop-down a manual process / does anyone know how long the delay is?

Your iSpindel will show up in the dropdown after the first reading, it's an automated process, then you can link it to a brew session.

So am I readying correctly that you can connect multiple iSpindels to BF to track multiple beers at a time?

Hi MilesCole,
That's correct I have two different iSpindl atttached to my account. You do need to name the ISpinldl in its config rather than leaving it as the default though, just so you can tell them aprt in the selector in BF.

Back