iSpindel Not Showing Correct Gravity

danstill97

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've set up my iSpindel and linked to Brewer's Friend as per the documentation for the latest firmware.

Under the fermentation tab the gravity is (incorrectly) showing as 1.004, however I know the iSpindel is measuring the correct gravity as under the device settings it is showing 1.059. Can anyone assist so I can get the correct measurement to show on the fermentation graph.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-201827~2.png
    Screenshot_20210501-201827~2.png
    257 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20210501-201848~2.png
    Screenshot_20210501-201848~2.png
    403.6 KB · Views: 156
iSpindel defaults to plato, so you should just need to update your iSpindel to use the SG cloud url.

upload_2021-5-1_15-9-49.png

iSpindel defaults to plato, so you should just need to update your iSpindel to use the SG cloud url.

View attachment 15547

Thanks for the reply! The new iSpindel firmware doesn't use the cloud URL anymore, so as far as I'm aware there's no way of changing to the SG format. It appears it's a problem at the fermentation graph side of things as the correct gravity is displayed under device settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-211258~2.png
    Screenshot_20210501-211258~2.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 175
Thanks for the reply! The new iSpindel firmware doesn't use the cloud URL anymore, so as far as I'm aware there's no way of changing to the SG format. It appears it's a problem at the fermentation graph side of things as the correct gravity is displayed under device settings
Wow thanks, didn't realize that. I have the pcb and some of the parts for one, but haven't gotten around to building one to play with yet...

I'm going to pass this along to the developer that's more familiar with the devices and integrations, hopefully we can make a quick sanity check on values to convert, or if it's always plato now then receive the value and convert to match the brew sessions gravity unit.

Wow thanks, didn't realize that. I have the pcb and some of the parts for one, but haven't gotten around to building one to play with yet...

I'm going to pass this along to the developer that's more familiar with the devices and integrations, hopefully we can make a quick sanity check on values to convert, or if it's always plato now then receive the value and convert to match the brew sessions gravity unit.

Brilliant thank you very much! Hopefully it's a quick fix

Not sure what you mean by doesn't use cloud URL anymore, it's just split up into multiple fields, I would recommend just using the /ispindel/ plato endpoint and let the conversion to specific gravity happen in Brewer's Friend.

bf-ispindel-config-sg.png

Attachments

• bf-ispindel-config-plato.png
    bf-ispindel-config-plato.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 169

Back